1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Pervinder,

How are you. It's been long we spoke and unfortunately we were not able to meet till date inspire of staying considerably close by, we should plan someday .

Coming to the advice, I use waxpol dashboard polish which we can search online. Its a sober product and not too shiny and suits to my liking. Also it would be better not to apply anything to the steering. As it would get slippery and also the palms would stay in constant contact with wax which may not be healthy. I will try to look for any available offers and share links with you offline.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  2. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You Mate.

I did not realize that its all 9's till you posted. Thank You :).

Yes Arun, Iam a very lazy driver so the FE looks better :).

I agree Abhishek, initially I was skeptical but with time Iam slowly getting into that bonding factor with this machine.

Sure Mate, Thank You.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    pabhishek likes this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Refill Update

Refill No : 20
    FE : 17.2 kmpl (tankful to tankful)
    Traffic : Moderate
    Driving Style : Sedate

Second consecutive Refill where the car returned an FE of 17 kmpl (approx) in city driving conditions.

IMG_20150905_152033.jpg

IMG_20150905_152054.jpg

Numbers on the fuel dispenser

IMG_20150905_152401.jpg

Historical Chart

FE Chart.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. srinivas21

srinivas21 Timido

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear Friends

I am a newbie to all of you,but

I am a keen follower of your threads,as a prospective buyer of Linea.(MJD)
    Had done couple of TD's ..(just couple of days back).and observed the following.

1)The initial turbo lag in MJD ,is greatly minimized.(as It was a brand new Test Mule might got the ECU update done).
    2)The T-jet drive had more composure and was really felt like a "tank"...MJD is similar but not "same" felt a bit light/wobbly)
    3)The initial acceleration and drive at speeds around 60/70/80 is "same"...but T-jet seemed more eager.
    4)The backseat comfort was "V.Good" in T-jet and 'GOOD" in MJD.(again will it because of MJD is still new..the suspension had to settle down????)
    5)My driving would be 40% city,60% Highway.

Now he age old Question,
    Even if I can stretch my budget now, but keeping in mind the future maintenance cost(fuel/spares)

1) If i choose MJD ,what i will be missing over T-jet.?(Heart over Head Question again)
    2)Is the ride quality on MJD will be same as T-jet over a period of time(Note i drove test mules(Tjet 4000km/MJD 100KM).
    3) As I could not test higher speeds,request any feed back on how different T-jet & MJD would be post 100Kmph mark.
    3)Definitely Resale value is of concern for me ,

Thanks in advance,
    Eager Waiting for all your replies..as I need to take buying decision.

Srinivas21
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Srinivas,

I agree, as many already mentioned the ECU update has made some improvements in the drive ability.

Well, the weight of the Linea MJD is more as per the numbers shown below. Ideally the shell is identical and there is no structural difference as such.

Also as shown below the suspension in both the cars the same so the ride quality should again be identical. In fact the T-Jet has slightly higher GC (5mm) so if at all any wobbling felt it may be a little higher on the T-Jet (going my the numbers below)

46-jpg.61100.jpg

47-jpg.61101.jpg

T-Jet is one of the most eagar cars we have on our roads in the segment, an MJD will never in a lifetime be able to match the punch of a T-Jet.

As far as I know there is nothing specific like suspension to be settling down, Iam unsure why the ride felt better in the T-Jet.

FIAT's are known for their ride quality and they are far ahead in this department with respect to other cars. Personally owning an MJD, which I have driven over various road conditions I can vouch that the car glides (you can refer to the previous pages on this thread to read about my trips and the experience from them).

Here is a link which may help you with regards to the ownership cost.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-linea-t-jet-vs-mjd-ownership-cost-comparison.12929/

We are not comparing apples to apples. Both are pretty stable in their own regards post the 100kmph mark where the petrol T-Jet as discussed above is way ahead in the power factor when compared to its 1.3 oil burner sibling.

On the lighter note, you are looking at the wrong brand mate ;-). However do check this very thread (page 9) where I made some comparisons on how the maintenance costs and the initial costs together make this brand/car a more VFM option when compared to the competition.

Wishing you all the best with your decision making.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  6. srinivas21

srinivas21 Timido

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thank you so much for a Quick and informative reply...PradeepM.
    I was following your thread ...and your calculation for VFM over competition were quite impressive.

I was looking at resale value of MJD over T-jet ....hmm..agreeing on overall brand value for resale proposition.

What is making me more confused is initial cost (on road cost) of owning a T-jet/MJD is almost same, as discounts are offered on MJD

(Both will be apprx 11 L on Road)..so only future fuel costs need to be considered..How they turn out in near future after Diesel deregulation..currently Diesel till having value proposition selling at almost Rs 17 ..less.....:blackeye:

Thanks once again for all your posts/help...would be happy to join you shortly as a Fiat Owner...

Regards,
    Srinivas21
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    With all manufacturers committed to modern diesel technology and efforts to reduce particulate matter and NOx futher and added to that the huge demand for diesel vehicles any price changes affect the national goods transport system, and price inflations. So assuming even if international movements in crude prices are affected the domestic changes will be wide and affect not just diesel but petrol as well.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with @asimpleson here. Also two sentences below from my side on both the cars which are truly VFM for what they offer.

> Fun to Drive with a wide grin firmly pasted across your face all the time - buy a T Jet
    > Long run's (fuel cost) - buy an MJD

On the resale front, we still have some serious buyers ready to pay the extra buck for a T-Jet in top shape. If you can keep your car in an excellent condition you can expect a good return value. A general tendency of Indian market is diesels have a slight edge in terms of resale (plainly due to fuel costs in our country).

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2015 ---
    PS : Very important note. FIAT's urge you to drive more. You tend to look out for all the needed reasons to take the the car for longer drives. Thats the beauty so beware ;-)
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    pabhishek and prabhjot like this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @srinivas21

Hi there!

The mjd will open up after a few thousand kms. Its torque is about as high as the t-jet's, and so driven according to its powerband character it will perform as well out on open highways as the t-jet, with some additional gearshifting, though, in city traffic. Of course, if your driving style and the pleasure derived from it entail lag-free starts, and spurty low gear performance, and higher-revving-before-upshift, then, the mjd is no match for the t-jet.

From the sound of your concerns over resale as well as fuel costs, the mjd seems like the sounder choice for you, given discounts. Not that, with your amount of highway driving, the t-jet cannot deliver excellent mileage: as much as 16+ km/l has been 'achieved' by it/me on highway runs, a/c on.

Fuel prices can be expected to stay low for a long while, barring a bankrupt government raising fuel taxes even further, and even then, most likely.

A last word: it's a fine choice/dilemma to have and enjoy having. It could be argued that the difference, given fuel prices and diesel price deregulation, is too 'fine' now......and so perhaps going with what is called the 'heart' (i.e., feel, pleasure) is right, in which case you should stop all 'calculations' and just TD them back-t-back a few times, and JUST decide on the one 'feels' better, totally subjectively!

cheers, best wishes
    Saji Babu and PradeepM like this.
  10. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Great going PradeepM, & comprehensive maintained thread. FE deserves special mention. Justified investment with all that savings!!!
    PradeepM likes this.