1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The dealer experience seems to be good indeed. Will check with KHT here and see what they say. Hope they know about the ECU update!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2015 ---
    How did you come to know about the update. Did the dealer inform you?
    Regarding left-pulling, I assume it was not fixed fully with the other shop (Reddy) which you tried earlier?
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Saji,

The issue was not 100% corrected as I mentioned in the post just after the alignment. On the ECU update AV Motors has called in some owners who have raised this concern earlier with them and informed them to drop in at their convenience for an update. A fellow FL owner informed me about the call he received and I tagged along with him to get the alignment & ecu update done.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and Saji Babu like this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Its been long that I have updated the thread. The car was parked for most of July due to my unavailability. In this post I would only be capturing the recent refill & some fancy odo meter readings displayed recently.

8999 Mark

8999.jpg

9000 Mark (5 Months 20 days).

9000.jpg

Recent FE Stats

Trip.jpg

ACA.jpg

Updated FE Chart

FE.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    10,000 KM - 6 Months (approx)

The car urges you to drive more and the odo just doesn't stop clicking.

01-Sep-2015

9999.jpg

10000.jpg

Iam loving it. The car has been running as expected and not even a squeak or unwanted sound anywhere in the cabin. The magic carpet ride quality definitely makes you happy after every trip. The car does feel smoother after the EUC update, also the drive ability has improved considerably. The turbo lag in gear 2 and 3 has come down and pottering in traffic is much better. The clutch as I mentioned earlier as well is butter smooth and doesn't stress you out in heavy traffic.

Issues noticed so far.

1) Rear seat belt clip not functioning - Addressed by Ankitha Motors free of cost.
    2) Drain cap not fixed properly for the wiper washer fluid compartment - Addressed by Ankitha Motors free of cost.
    3) 3rd Gear Jerk - Addressed by Av Motors via ECU update free of cost.
    4) Left Pull - Addressed by AV Motors via wheel alignment - Rs 545 (complimentary body wash and interior vacuum).

First Free Service - 5000 KM done at Butta Auto - Rs 2500/-

Note: FIAT does not recommend any oil & filer changes during the first free service @ 5000KM, however I got it done in personal interest.

Accessories: The only accessories added to the car are the much needed window shades - Rs 2500 (I paid Rs 1000/- more as I have seen that people have ordered them online for around Rs 1500/-).

Fuel Efficiency - The car is definitely is not bad on on the "Kitna dethi hai" aspect as well, as I see the overall FE hovering around 17 kmpl till date. It was also observed that FE has slightly improved post the ECU update.

FE2.jpg

FE1.jpg

Cost per km is gradually coming down (thanks to the fuel price drop as well)

FE3.jpg

Thumbs Down

1) No direct Folder changing option on the ICE, one has to take a loooong path via Blue & Me for a simple folder change. This is very irritating.

2) Plastic part on the windshield has dis colored and looks too odd, it needs a constant polishing to keep it looking better.

Plastic Bad.jpg

After polish

Plastic Good.jpg

What could be better

Plastic handles on the door trims could have been better.

Thumbs Up

1) Seats are super comfy and the thickness & cushioning is way ahead of some of the competition
    2) The suspension is just amazing and every time I pass a pot hole the glide feeling puts a big smile on my face.
    3) The full heavy metal protection plate under the engine compartment definitely saved the car from a few damages.
    4) The ABS kicks in late giving you the needed comfort level for breaking.

Tyres:

Stock Good Year are holding good so far. They were tested in various speeds, in some wet conditions as well and I did not find them bad at all (or may be I still haven't tasted something which is know as better)
    Notice the small rubber spikes that are still intact in most of the places even after 10k Kms.

Tyre.jpg

I love keeping my car stock and spotless. Flaunting the pics of the stock beige fabric seats and interiors of the car.

Interior1.jpg Interior2.jpg Interior3.jpg Interior4.jpg Interior5.jpg

FIAT has introduced me to many fellow FIAT owners who are very active and interact constantly via various means. Yes, the limited number of cars & further limited active owners on forums makes this very easy smile.gif .

FIAT.jpg

At the start of this thread, I mentioned that I have invested the money I saved by picking up a Linea (against the sales champion in this segment) coupled with additional savings. Below is the picture of the car standing on the investment.

Car Land.jpg

Overall Iam happy with the decision I made (doesn't it matter the most) and I will keep you updated moving forward as well.

Yello Flowers.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  5. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Great going Pradeep!
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Super Macha 9's in month of 9. Getting nice interests ;) for both investments.You have read terms& conditions carefully :D
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Super Pradeep!!! Very well maintained and you are really getting superb FE.
    And I loved that investment part.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Great details @PradeepM ! We can spot some deep connection with car; well nothing new for fiat owners:) fiats develop an emotional connection.
    Happy miles ahead!
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

Can you recommend any wax/polish which we can apply on Dashboard and steering to maintain the shine and it also keep it safe from cracks etc.

Regards,
    Pervindra
  10. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    The car too looks happy :)
    Keep posting your milestones and updates, they make an interesting read.
    PradeepM likes this.