1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM and Hi everyone,

I have a rather silly query about central locking in Linea.
    I come from a Swift vdi 2010 model which is bare-bone in terms of features.

In old swift

- Had only locking with key - locks all doors. No remote lock.

- Can lock all doors inside from driver side with a button (We do it by pushing the lever in Linea)
    - Assume all doors are locked, if I open the driver door manually by using the small button near the lever, the driver door only gets open. All other doors remains locked. All doors have this small button too.
    1086028d1369107633t-my-silver-beast-hyundai-i-gen-i20-2013-dsc04992.jpg

(We do not have this option in Linea. If we pull the lever, it will unlock all doors)
    0801860t-my-terrestrial-fighter-jet-fiat-linea-t-jet-edit-3-years-4th-service-completed-dsc_0234.jpg
    What I wanted to know is if there's any option to unlock only the driver door from inside. Say I am at a petrol bunk and I want to get out and give the attendant some instruction. I do not want all the doors to be unlocked as I open my driver door.

Pardon my ignorance about the system! :)
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Saji Babu . that's mechanical override sort of stuff. More of security feature. In case of accident no one will be caught inside the car due to electronic failure. If locking in required from inside there is child lock and in that case too in case of accident it can be opened from outside. In other cars in case of electronic circuitry failure you are locked and only option would be to break through and come out. In case you are not in a position to come.out by yourself people outside will have to break upon. Enjoy what Fiat is providing. Its a well thought out feature.
    prabhjot, PradeepM and Saji Babu like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Its been close to 1000KM post the first scheduled service and so far all is well. The car is running definitely smoother and continues to impress me in many ways. As most of you would have understood by now that Iam a very sedate driver, I maintain good distance between vehicles, avoid hard braking, avoid sudden acceleration and the gear shifts happen below 2K. Also my work timings do not push me in bumper to bumper traffic and hence I do get some excellent FE which does make me happy, below are the numbers after the recent refill yesterday.

FE 24 May.jpg

Average speed maintained.

Avg Speed 24 May.jpg

Trip distance.

Trip 24 May.jpg

To avoid any ambiguity on the FE numbers I usually post, Iam adding the invoice details as well to ensure 100% transparency.

FE Bill.jpg

Overall historical FE chart, on the recent refill I again noticed that the tankful to tankful calculation resulted in a higher number than the MID.

FE May 24.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

What all has been done at service station for first service @5K kms? Did they changed the engine oil or anything else you want to tell us?Which service station?
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Pervindra,

Post #127 on May 4 from the previous page has complete details from the first service including pictures .
    The first service is just a basic checkup which includes a wash and wheel alignment, no oils are replaced. However I did pay extra and got the engine oil and oil filter changed just for my personal satisfaction even though this was not recommended in the schedule by FIAT.
    Kindly check the complete post as mentioned above and let me know if any further details required and I will be glad to provide the same.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

Thank you for your prompt response,went through your servicing post. We are having a similar model and similar colour . Three days back I have done a trip to Shirdi from Hyderabad and maximum FE (AcB) which I have seen was 17.4 while returning back to Hyderabad.Your FE figures are very good,any special thing you are doing while driving? My car is just 36 days old.I also fill the fuel mostly at HP lingampally(next to gulmohar park colony) only.

Regards,
    Pervindra
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Great to know and congratulations on the car !!. The Fiat Linea is a true value for money in its segment and when you have time you can also see post # 82 on page 9 on this thread where I have captured more details and calculations. On the driving front as mentioned earlier Iam a very sedate driver, no hard revving, no sudden breaking, gear changes before 2k rpm and also my work timings do not push me into bumper to bumper traffic. Also I have a Shirdi trip coming up shortly and I want to touch base with you for the route options. I have dropped a personal message to you and I would request you to share your contact number if you are comfortable and we can have a conversation.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    With the heat coming down, showers showing up occasionally and with a few more days left for the schools to reopen meant that this is an apt time to have the machine flex its muscles again.

Destination : Shirdi.
    Start date : 12 June 2015
    Return date : 14 June 2015

The plan is in place and with a slight confusion still lingering around on which route to take of the below.

Option A : Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Sholapur > Ahmednagar > Shirdi.

Sholapur.jpg

Option B : Hyderabad > Nirmal > Nanded > Shirdi.

Nirmal.jpg

Option A being shorter is known to have a bad stretch between Zaheerabad & Sholapur whereas option B even though slightly longer seems to have better roads. I did read go through some information on the driving conditions along both the options and Iam yet to decide which one to choose. Looking forward for the trip and I will keep you folks updated on the trip stats when Iam back.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    All set for the early morning trip tomorrow. I gave the car a through wash and vacuumed the interiors. Checked the engine bay no leaks, all oil levels are up to the mark and nothing suspicious was observed. Got the car refueled, tires were checked and PSI maintained as per the recommendations. I used an alternate vehicle to commute to work and the Linea is getting some rest at home.
    I spoke to fellow TFI'ian Pervindra and another friend who recently did Hyderabad to Shirdi just a couple of weeks back and both of them said that its better to take the Zaheerabad > Shalopur > Shirdi route and the patch of bad roads between zaheerabad > Sholapur is no longer than 100-150KM.

@ Pervindra - Thank you for the call and all the details that you provided which would be very useful for me.

The regular updates on FE stats below after the refill today morning.

FE MID Jun 11.jpg

Trip distance before the refill.

Trip 11 June.jpg

Average speed maintained in the interval.

Avg Speed Jun 11.jpg

Updated FE historical chart.

FE Chart June 11.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    pabhishek likes this.
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Wish you a very smooth trip. Enjoy the drive.Be safe.

Regards, Saji
    PradeepM likes this.