1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    True Abdul,

However our markets mostly consider the kitna dethi hai factor. Most of them miss the point that a FIAT kum dethi hai magar jaan nahi lethi hai (during major accidents). Now it depends on what is priority for a buyer life or other factors, unfortunately the later always takes the precedence in most of the cases.
    asimpleson and pdash like this.
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for the replies. There was some confusion it seems. The dealer clarified that it is BHZ which is Feb 2015.
    I will have to double check once the car comes to the yard later next week.
    Could you guys please guide me where exactly to look for the VIN in linea mjd. Thanks.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello mate,

You can verify the VIN in the following ways.

1) Below the carpet of the front passenger seat, there is a small foldable opening in the carpet which you can lift and read the VIN.

2) There is a small metal plate with the VIN below the boot mat almost next to the spare wheel.

3) New cars have a sticker on the left top corner of the windshield (passenger side) which also has the VIN captured.

4) The dealer would issue you Form 22/23 which is issued by the manufacturer and you can see the VIN captured in there as well.
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Pradeep ☺
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    From a couple of days I was experiencing a slight pull towards the left side and today I took the car to have the wheel alignment checked.
    After some checks and a test drive the folks manning the stores confirmed the same, and they swapped the front tyres left to right and vice versa. Iam not experiencing the pull now, however is this an appropriate solution ?. Also I am attaching a copy of the report here and you can see that the primary angles of caster (not sure what this is) are not falling in between the min & max range defined, these guys told me that it is normal and nothing much to worry. I would request knowledge folks to advice so that I can go back if any corrections are needed.

uploadfromtaptalk1428302417471.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428302549583.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428302742740.jpg
  6. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @PradeepM that is perfectly fine. I had got similar left pull when my TJet was running at 9k mark. Pandit folks did alignment and exchanged front wheels left to right and vice versa. Problem got solved, now my odo is at 12k mark with perfectly fine alignment.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    So after spending some time and effort below is the result from yesterday, the picture captures the reflection on the bonnet of a TW Linea .

uploadfromtaptalk1428803665396.jpg
  8. Torkue

Torkue Timido

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    The end result looks to be amazing. Can you please detail the process. Which wax you used ? Also did you use any clay ?

I tried Meguirs wax today. The effect on white is not greatly noticeable, however the wax was easy to remove. I remember using the Formula 1 and the wax was harder to remove.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mate,

You might be surprised but I did not use clay or any sealents.
    I used natural hard wax. The advantage is it stays longer and gives better effect when compared to liquid wax which I agree is easy to apply/ remove. I admit the effort taken is much more when we compare the effort that is needed with liquid wax.
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Expecting the Linea MJD Pearl white this Saturday in the yard! Looking forward to a PDI.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.