1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Saji,
    I have not found any issues so far with the lights. I felt that they are adequate for both city & highway drives. I have another highway run coming up in 2 weeks and Iam pretty confident that I will comfortable with the stock setup.
    prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to the TFI @Saji Babu ! The query you raised has been discussed many a times in the respective threads. And since there has been no change in the lights department in the facelift , I can safely vouch that they solve their purpose. You can always upgrade though for better visibility And Fog lamps are extremely effective.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  3. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you guys for the comments about lights!

Btw, I have almost decided to book a Linea 1.3mjd emotion!
    The dead pedal was bit of a hindrance when I test drove. May be I am not used to it as I come from a Swift vdi (old model. this was one of the reason to ask about lights. It was bad in my swift).

Just wondering if it is possible to remove the dead-pedal without much hassle in case I don't get adjusted or it continue causing inconvenience?

I know it's a boon during long drives but I have to deal with day to day traffic in Bangalore as well.

Any comments please.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Don't worry, you will get used to it. I moved from Dzire(older version) to Linea, initially it was little odd, but now I am used to it and in fact i search for the dead pedal when I drive any other car.
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Saji Babu , it's just a matter of time that you will get adjusted to dead pedal, but for sure you will have to ditch your woodlands (tractor tyre pattern types) .
    And I guess, yes it can be easily removed.
    Saket Sidana and PradeepM like this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Its been about a month and a half of ownership, things moving at a smooth pace and no major issues encountered so far. The car had a quick wax session at home today and the results are below.

uploadfromtaptalk1428134425218.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1428134437922.jpg
    asimpleson, pabhishek and Dr. Fixated like this.
  7. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Saji,
    I am not sure on the engine type however from the VIN the car is 2014 Feb and not 2015 model as being claimed by the dealer. Please get this clarified with the dealer immediately. Also the last 2 characters should be HZ for 2015 models.

Thank You.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I have seen quite a few new Lineas on the road and I must say that I found them quite robust in their looks from front and back. It certainly merits a consideration by buyers. Unfortunate if it isnt.

Abdul
    PradeepM and Dr. Fixated like this.
  10. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Saji Babu My Linea MJD has exactly the same VIN except for the last 5 characters - "43AHZ" - while it is "78BJZ" in your case. Mine is Jan 2015 manufactured Linea. As Pradeep said, the third last character "B" in your case stands for February while the last two characters "JZ" represent 2014. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Linea Facelift was launched in the beginning of March 2014. So, it is possible that your vehicle was indeed manufactured in Feb 2014.

Please check the last three characters to make it certain. Since your vehicle serial number is same as mine and 78 comes after 43, I suspect yours is Feb 2015 manufactured but the last two characters should be "HZ". So please check again.
    PradeepM likes this.