1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Gopan,
    Just another trick being played by a greedy dealer. Let us stick to the schedule in the service manual, also if they call you again ask them to send you an email on the same and forward that to Fiat Customer Care and ask them for clarity. Not sure how many more customers are being forced to follow this customized schedule designed by the dealer so its good to highlight this to FIAT to gain the needed attention.
    Kindly let us know if any further information needed in this regard.
    gopan likes this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

It may be a greedy trick, but given the conditions in our country, it would be well worth atleast checking out the car every 6 months. If your running is about 10000km every six months, may make sense.
    Personally, I drop in at Fiat Bavdhan (Pune) every 6 months just to check for an A-OK from the SA. And usually they do minor toppings (coolant) /adjustments and inspections without charging a dime.
    gopan and PradeepM like this.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Oil changes in particular could not be a bad thing, if one should choose to change it earlier depending on running conditions and amount of time car stands stagnant. It totally depends on how much one is willing to spend time and money on preventive maintenance. One could choose to ignore dealer's suggestions.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You Prakash,
    FIAT's are an absolute bliss when it comes to driving and people dare not deny that fact. My attempt here was to showcase the other benefits of this excellent product FIAT has in its kitty to offer.

Absolutely no second thoughts about it :).

Thank You mate.
    Lucky you, good that you had a chance to get behind the wheel of some pretty good cars on this planet.

Thank you acechip,
    aah the typo, let me have that corrected in subsequent analysis that I plan to put up.

Thank You abhiskek. Hope people consider that facts before talking the call, sigh !!! we all know the reality.

On it buddy, let me get another computation done as soon as time permits and lets see how the numbers fall in place :).

Also, IMO below are some categories of buyers of buyers we have in the market (please add your thoughts as well)

1) Enthusiasts - who understand the pulse of driving and care about things like ride quality, stability, steering feedback etc.,. which we all agree FIAT has a very strong hold on and almost all the owners who own a FIAT fall into this category.For buyers in this category,
    What matters - Just the car.
    What does not matter - Brand, price and mass market appeal.

2) Follow the heard - As the category states
    What matters - Brand image, Most of the buyers here consider the safe after sales support (definitely important), self perceived status image & resale value.
    What does not matter - handling, comfort, safety, no proper evaluation of what you are being offered against what you are paying for.

3) Naaptol Category - I personally belong here :) & I guess this category is usually has the smallest number of like minds. Have some good knowledge on cars and do care about certain specific dynamics in a car and respect the machine for what it is. Proper evaluation of all pros /cons and if mitigation is in place in worst case scenario.
    What matters - Desired quality, value for money, to a certain extent uniqueness last but not the least happiness every time you sit in your ride.
    What does not matter - Brand image, What neighbors think, small instances / issues which circle around, high expectations from sales & support.

4) Follow the heart
    What matters
    - Voice of the heart.
    What does not matter - everything else.
    pabhishek likes this.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
  6. gopan

gopan Timido

cochin
    Thanks friends for the quick response....my doubt is manufacturer after considering all aspects including climate conditions, fixed the service intervel at 15000km and it is advertised as a benefit in comparison with similarly placed other vehicles. That being the case how can a dealer who is having less expertice, insist for service at 10000km. It is not simply the question of changing oil at an earlier period, I am not convinced of its requirement that too against the stipulation in the manual......
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    yes Dear Gopan....i understand your concern but for some cases we have to go with dealer who understands local conditions much better than those in Italy/pune where the car was tested and 15 k service interval was instrumented.

i was also keeping the same notion as you till last year when i went for 45k service interval ( i took it @43k) when i saw a linea which was a heavy running one (it achieved 15k in 8 months) , has got all the oil sucked up and had to replace the timing chain prematurely.

it was a eye opener for me and further research and feedback from Kerala and Tamil Nadu Fiat owners culminated to a point that it is always better to change oil at 10k interval for our own peace of mind if your ride is mostly in hot conditions.
    gopan likes this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @bibin

Even prople who have bee to factory meet mentioned that after discussing with Fiat offiials there they were told that engine oil will last up to 20 K kms and 15 K has been mentiond keeping in mind harsh nd extreme conditions. I do not remeber the thread but its ther on TFI only.

Fiats hardly sell and this a new way of miniting money by dealers. Not only Fiats most dealers are doing it. Even Bajaj dealers who advertise that the new engine oil will last 10 K kms undernormal driving conditions ,pester you to change engine oil every 2.5 K kms.
    When I asked that you changed my oil in last visit and told me it will last at least 7-8 K kms. He gave a seepish smile and told that it will last that much only if you drive below 60 km/hr. I laughed and told him that I drive below 50 km/hr.

The best option would be to get the check up done every 5-7.5 K kms and get all fluids topped up. In case there are any issues found one can get it fixed /replaced. They charge around 450 odd bucks for complete car check up.

No point changing fliuds on every visit. We just have to make sure that we do not miss the service intervals and should always get the car serviced before the service interval. One can always claim waraanty in case of issues if one sticks to service intervals and gets it done at FASS only. For cases where warranty have expired one can choose to b little more careful in this regard. But irrespective of that if one has done all the recommended services and changes on time and with FASS only they can take it up with Fiat. But yes with out warrantly cover it may be a hassle.

@gopan Mate I would suggest that you stick to Fiat recommened service intervals and change all stuff as recommened by Fiat. In case you have still queries you can ask the dealer to drop a mail to you reagrding what they are stating and take it up with Fiat then.

Dealership /Service Advisor/ Sales Advisor would be the last persons on earth whom I would beleive regarding a car and its service.
    They are there only to make money.

I would rather trust the machanic who works on my car. I make it a point to be with my car through out the service to make sure that i supervise things personally and they do not get a chance to mint my money in any way.

For peace of mind I think my 5K preventive service would suffice. Do your analysis and decide accordingly
  9. gopan

gopan Timido

cochin
    Thanks again for the suggestions. Bibins post make me lean towards accepting the demand of the dealer so as to have peace of mind.... especially considering the fact that climate now is the worst. Lets have peace of mind.....
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Fiatians,
    Can any Linea face-lifted model owners comment on the low beam, high beam lights - how good/bad?
    Thank you.