1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grande Punto. My Love.............

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by BoseSuman, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome to you and your Punto, BoseSuman. Happy and safe motoring in your Punto.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Nice report Suman. Your story totally rubbishes the claims that people going to buy Punto will end up buying Manza. It was other way round with you :up . Congrats on acquiring the beauty. In the last pic, is the bonnet open? :confused1
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ravi & Kaps.

Opps I think all pictures not loaded properly as its not showing the full image, I will try to upload full pictures later.

Yes Kaps in last picture bonnet was open when we are outside of Maa Durga temple for puja.

I know whatever car you will own the folks those are only famous for critisizing they will critisize you. If you own Aston Martin Dbs then also they will tell its not a good car you can prefer Bugaati veyron. So I didn't bother about what other folks critisizing. I know that I own the best car for me that is the best thought for me.

I don't know why folks are telling about turbolag in this car, Frankly to say no car under 1500 cc don't have turbo lag, when toyota corrola altis diesel launched folks also told it also has turbolag, I don't know what they want:- In busy traffic when signals are going to green from red/yellow is they want within 2 sec their car will reach 100km/hr and hugh torque expected, so what will happened, big accident & loss of lives. We are in India need to drive our car safely & thought of saving our/co passengers lives as well as other peoples life, as we are not driving our car in race track.

I also drove Punto In Highway in Outer ring road, and felt there is no car best than it. I was driving on 79km/hr in 5th gear and 2000 R.P.M and felt that car stability as of 20 Km/hr; I surprized that if the car was moving very slow, I saw the Odo its constantly touching 80 and r.p.m is just above 2000, Then I felt that why this Car saved fiat from bankrupt, and most of the people loves that car in all over the world.

So I am not bother about what other folks are critisizing Punto, I know I own the best car for me; :clapping
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :clap Great write up BoseSuman.

The pics have uploaded successfully. There is a minor glitch in thumbnail generation and our Moderatores are working on it.

Exactly. We never criticize other cars openly. But, the fight is brought on to us by every one. Fiats are meant for the strong hearted. Others find a reason to criticize it in order to justify their decision.

No body follows rules here. Especially bikers(even I'm not a responsible biker). A "powerful, free revving" car with "impressive" 0-100 timings is meant for track driving.

79km/hr. Wow! That's quite precise. Observing the run-in advice of <80kmph. ::V :mrgreen:
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations, BoseSuman

Thats quite nice seat covers you got there....
  6. Fantastic write-up and pictures. It's good to know that you are one of the happiest customer. Punto is anyday a true hatch. Drive safe and enjoy.
  7. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    When I went to book my Punto, I checked out Nano, Vista & Palio.
    Nano - I liked it. So much space.. clever!
    Vista - Space, space.. But somehow the beige looked cheap and the steering wheel was too big.
    Palio - entered slowly.. and jumped out. Sorry! the interiors are too dated.

Congrats on your Punto, BoseSuman. Enjoy! I love accelerating my Punto on uphill curves! the power and grip is exhilarating!
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thanks Naveen, Amit & Redtux, sorry I don't know everyones name so I called with code name.

How are you all.

I faced first issue as very minor one, last week when I started from office to home at 7:10 P.M, I have surprised that MID was showing ABD unavailable/EBD failure, and car not started. I called CCR, Service advisor then, they responded promptly and gave me the no of mechanic, I called him, he went on one breakdown case, came to my office at 9:30 P.M and told me that battery connection got loose and he fixed it very first and told me to come workshop and they will check and I saw the their approach to every customer and pleased well. I cann't tell about other dealership, but Malik Cars workshop personnel are fabulous. :clap ;

My first servicing pending on next week, need to paint the front bumber, becaused during these rainy days very small scratches came under it as it hit the big patholes.

Plesae share your experience if anyone faced any issues with ABS unavailable/EBD failure.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Amit,
    Thanks.

Before I got the delivery I discussed with them for good seat cover. they told that local made will be cost around 4500-5000, and company made is around 9500-10000.00 and it will be better quality and finish, they gave me the sample to check and after I compared both I ordered the company made and it ordered from Pune, It took 4 days to reach Hyderabad and after I got the delivery they sent their folks to my home for fitting the seat covers. it took almost 2.5 to 3 hrs for fitting and I was checking that thoroughly, and he made a good job, ::T
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Hi all of my friends, How are you... belated haapy dewali to all of you.

Just returned from USA, I found one info for Goodyear tyres, I saw lots of big brand are using Goodyear GT3 for their car... Lexus, FORD, HONDA,Chevys, Toyotas etc. Is it realy made bad for India only or due to indian road condition its not performing well. They told me for strength & stability they are using it, I was surprized.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.