1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grande Punto. My Love.............

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by BoseSuman, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Hi,

I wish to say hello to all of you as I joined today in teamfiat
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi BoseSuman. Welcome to TFI :car
    Hope you like this forum!

Regards
    YB
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thanks PaddleShifter.

Here is my story with Grande Punto I wish to share with all of you:-
    I started to search my first car from Dec 2009. In January 2010 I shortlisted 2 car Fiat Linea & Tata Manza, as my budget was around 7L so I opted out Linea, as frankly to say I am lover of SEDAN/SALOON not hatchback car. I went to Malik Cars at Banjara Hills showroom to check TATA Manza as it was fitted with 1.3 multijet diesel engine same as Linea. But I felt Tata’s car feature & others improved lot, but when I checked all the features I was not impressed with it.
    Then I saw a RED Fiat Punto on the other side of the showroom, First look I liked very much of Punto’s design, but first I check the boot space if it fulfilled my requirement, I saw yes it does. I could carry with me 2 big suitcases & 2 small bags in Punto, and all interior are simply copied from Linea with different duel tone colour. I checked the features and CCR told all the functionality of this car. As Red isn’t my favorite colour though in RED Punto I liked. My Favorite colour is Blue & then White, so I asked CCR for Blue Punto He told the availability of this colour as it would take more time as 3 weeks than other colour took 2 weeks to deliver. I told him I preferred the Blue one as it was my favorite colour. My lone was applied on FEB and I received it in March. But due to office work I went USA for 2 months and came back on June. Then I checked the status of Punto, He told as tax increased Punto on road price jumped as 7.70 L from 7.10 L (January Price), and another update as Blue colour production has been stopped permanently in Punto. So I have only one choice as White is my second best colour. I booked Punto on 10th June and delivery scheduled on 25th June. I paid all amount on 24th evening, they cleared it on 25th so delivery was scheduled on 26th but I wanted to take it on 27th June. I went with my parents, we did pujas and then CCR sent showroom driver to drive the car to my home.
    My Experience:-
    Till today I drove around 1700 Km. I found no issue with fit, finish, quality of plastics (only steering column panel gap is exists as I have seen the same in everyone’s car). As It proves it handling, riding, looks as best so I simply love it and as I maintained CCR’s Instruction as “ Sir, don’t drive over 80km/hr till first servicing”, as he set the warning message for this speed limit. I asked him why? He told if you used up to first servicing with that and don’t use very higher RPM then you would feel this will be very silent and FE you will get more. :car :clapping
    Till now I am maintaining his instruction and FE I got:-
    City:- 14.00 Km/L to 18.5 Km/L ( depend on drivability and road condition) :clapping
    Highway:-22.40 Km/L with 5th gear, speed 75-79Km/hr (not avg speed), Rev:-max up to 2000.
    I felt this car is silent very much. I didn’t hear any sound on speed (30-40 Km/hr on 3rd gear) and (40-70 Km/hr on 4th gear & over its 5th gear). :clapping

Till now I didn’t face any issues with it and enjoying very much.
    I preferred Hatchback Car instead of Sedan only because of Punto (not other hatchback car though I20/Jazz also a good car).
    Yesterday I received call form FIAT Italy for update & use experience of PUNTO. I told him my experience as good with and told him about low ground clearance, he also acknowledge this issue and told me that it’s a concern in Indian road condition and they will convey this to higher management. He asked me all & each technical problem if I faced any, what about car delivery, car trip km when I got delivery, FE, AC, Music system, Blue & Me features etc. I amazed that he took 25-30 min to discuss all this features & issues and told even I feel any problem I can directly drop a mail to Customer care of Fiat Italy. Even He told Fiat Italy will get more update from me in future. I don’t know if Maruti Suzuki India/Hyundai India/all other car brand form Indian office asked for update to their customer,( I am not asking call from originate country of these car as Japan, Korea etc ).
    I have very good experience with TATA FIAT Sales and Service from Malik Cars as they improved a lot and I faced no issues with ASS. :clap
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to read your post BoseSuman. Your love truly made you stick with it even when blue color was discontinued and price had gone up. Punto looks great in Bossa Nova White and the tail lights really stand distinct in this color.
    I guess Amogh really got lucky with the limited edition Electric Blue Punto. :)
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Welcome to TFI BoseSuman.
    Good to see you are happy with FIAT A.S.S.
    Running In is required only till 1000 km. Now you can slowly start to rev your engine and enjoy that lovely growl of the engine. (Its magical music to ears)
    It would get even quieter as it clocks more km. At 3000 kms you would feel like driving a different car.
  6. vijay822002

vijay822002

Gurgaon
    WelCome on Board BoseSuman!!!

Nice to read your Post. Good that you have Punto in your hands right now. Right Choice!!!

Cheers
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Welcome to TFI,happy motoring
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome.
    Do share some pictures of your beauty.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Thanks PaddleShifter, I am very haapy with B/N White too.... Its not the normal white, its looks cream color and I simply love that and don't have any confusion its the best color.
    Thanks to Vijay, First servicing is pending on 26th this month so no issue, I will tell them to change the warning message to 120-130 km/hr and I will enjoy...... :dance ;
    Thanks to vijay822002, from january I opted out Manza and choose Punto, I never thought for other car like I20/Jazz, Polo/Figo as I am lover of SEDAN, only because of Punto I own it,
    Thanks to Bala & Ravi.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    here are some snaps:-

Punto-1.jpg

Punto-2.jpg

Punto-3.jpg

Punto-4.jpg

Punto-5.jpg

Punto-6.jpg