1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yeah sure! Lets meet up..
    Tell me the time and place a day in advance..
    I will ask krishna also to come if he is free to sort this issue out..
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Mohankv @nkrishnap this Saturday am planning to go to Aadya and force them to replace the tyres with Apollo Acelers. In case nothing works, I shall visit Madhus Enterprises.

Wherever you guys decide, am fine driving down. Planning for 3M paint sealant thing too at 3M HSR.

Do let me know where to meet up, I am more than glad :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Let me tell you in advance, no dealer will replace the tyre, so suggest you to raise a warranty request from Goodyear and the person who comes to inspect is no good either. He will give you 100 reasons which is nobody's control.

I would suggest, simply go to Madhus on Langford road and get the tyres balanced on the road force machine. But ensure all the weights are taken out and a fresh balancing is done. The road force machine will also put the best condition tyres are the front and the lesser ones at the rear to minimize the vibrations and pull as well. Then follow it up with an alignment.

I will be at 3M HSR most probably if my colleagues decides to get the paint sealant, underbody coating and mats done this weekend.

Always game.
    2 people like this.
  4. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Venue 3m HSR.. Its gonna be a mini fiat meet all over again!!

See u guys there...

@imranhks bhai or @nkrishnap let me know if i can tag along in any of your ride cos my dad's fabia is gonna go for service and he wants my car for saturday mostly for some work if he decides otherwise my 90 hp alos will be there...
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Last edited: May 14, 2013
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Mohankv I shall pick you up mate, text me so that I can have your number, I lost all my contacts.

Let's drive to 3M HSR and get the paint sealant and carbon fiber thing (only if vitamin M permits) done on my car :D

You can try my car, its bouncy on lower speeds but on high speeds its fine.

Though, after the 1st service the bumpy ride has reduced to quite an extent. I am still not happy coz I drove 2011 Punto Multijet Emotion pack car at Hubli of a TFI member Nadeem , that suspension setup is far better any day. He too has Apollo Acelere tyres, the ones that you have on your 90HP !!!

Let's meet up this weekend and clear our doubts.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Hey bro..ur car's ride is bouncy at low speeds bcoz of Goodyear GT3 tyres and they make lot of road noise filter into the cabin..replace them with Apollo Accelere tyres..
  8. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Hi Nadeem,

Bro even i have a 90hp manufactured on the same month as imran's and my car came with apollo acceleres, my ride is also quite on the bouncier side. This weekend i will test drive imrans car see the difference btw both our cars
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Both GT3 and Acceleres have harder sidewalls and costs way lesser than any of the comfort or performance tyres. So changing to Acceleres might not help. I would rate both GT3 and Acceleres on par.

The bouncier ride could be due to the raised suspension too and of course to handle the increase in the center of gravity the springs might be a lot stiffer making the ride bouncier. Look at replacing them with comfort tyres and the problem might reduce. However, the comfort tyres are prone to sidewall damage if proper care is not taken.
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: On my way to office, took a diversion and had a pit stop at Madhus Enterprises. As always the place was crowded, but the staff there was very helpful. They took my car immediately and got the alignment done.

Then came the turn of wheel balancing and the "Hunter Road Force" machine. All the wheel alignment job that was done in Hubli was a waste. The personnel explained me how it works and what the errors etc etc

Additional weights added, i guess this time its 210 gms (these Goodyear GT3 seems like they eat too much of weight).

All is well with the alignment and balancing now, but the machine detected an area on one wheel which cannot be corrected and the roadforce reading was unacceptable (115N) usually it has to be below 90N (either the tyre or the alloy gone bad).

As always, they have done a fantastic job and i need not worry for the next 5000 kms.

Total damages Rs. 790 /-

Also, they keep getting a lot of complaints about Goodyear GT3 and FIAT OE alloys. It seems that the alloys cannot withstand the great Indian roads.

FIAT should look into this and ensure they bring in stronger alloys that can carry the weight of the car as well handle the Potholes (or rather Craters) on Indian roads :D.

Cheers