1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The stick weights are costlier than clip weights. Also the alignment is free, balancing will be charged. So taking into account wheel balancing + weights + fluid top up for 350 seems reasonable.
    1 person likes this.
  2. I went by the statement that you had written which says he came to drop his vehicle for "service" in which case its better to ask him to come back after taking a proper booking.

IIRC, they inaugurated on march first week and SC started functioning one month after that.

Again, no assumptions made. I went by the timelines Imran had given.
    1 person likes this.
  3. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Agreed. Even for this people will still crib and write crap on the online forums. So how do you deal with that. Is it not a nuisance to the service provider in this scenario.

Quoting what you wrote in one of the previous posts.

The service center is only 1 month and 2 days old with a couple a holidays to boot too. I will stand by my word that the no way they could have managed the mad rush. Matter of fact is the even the KHT or Aadya would have been in a similar situation if they were the first ones to go. They did a smart move to open the service center later and Vecto became a Bakra of sorts.

Again a conclusion was arrived on the timeline and not on the actual fact. This is what I wanted to re-emphasize again. Not all that is just visible to the eye is correct and there is more to it.

By the way, I still recollect the day when you were the one who introduced me to the Prerana Kudlu gate service center and I am grateful that gesture of your's even today. Anyways somehow you seem to have started hating whatever Vecto does for whatever reasons which is evident from the posts written here.
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Don't think this is specific to 2013 models. I have seen this in pre-2012, 2012 and 2013 cars too. But most of us tend to disagree that this is due to poor quality control or manufacturing :(
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @pdydeva Be it quality control or a manufacturing defect, there must be a fix and am keen on finding it bro.

In case you come across something, please keep me posted. I want my doors to close effortlessly just like the rear doors close with a mild thud ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    One reason could the alignment of the door locks which makes it hard to close. Get that checked and the hinges too. If these are fixed, I see no reason for the doors still be hard to close.

My Linea had the same issue with the left front door. Once that was fixed, its working as expected.
  7. I know they are one month old in actual but then there was one month time period before the SC went live after the inauguration, they could have at least anticipated this mad rush coming and done some homework about it during this time period rather than getting into chaos from day 1. As some one stated in a different thread, people are bound to try Vecto because of exclusive Fiat tag. Now, don't tell me they didn't anticipated this :).

Even otherwise, I don't think a 5000KM service will take more than 2 hours..at max 3 hours( provided owner has no other complex issues to say). And this is as seen from naked eye.

Why should I hate them? In fact I want them to improve and provide the best service. Even in TASS days, Prerana was always a notch ahead than the others.And with more FASS for Bangalore in pipeline, situation might stabilize. Having said that, being the lone FASS, Vecto were bound to be tried and this rush is expected. But they are in chaos.And Fiat comes with a heavy baggage of Service. We as forummers, here and somewhere else, might know the actual and share the information. But an ordinary joe will walk out and say - Fiat service center is not good..its the same story. First Impression is the best Impression. Knowingly/unknowingly Vecto represents the face of Fiat for him and both will be bashed.
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap I tried all possible things like alignment of the door, alignment of door hinges, still no luck :banghead:

Right now, I am living with it.

Just in case you have plans to visit Vecto sometime on any of the weekends, do let me know. I shall surely join you as fixing this wouldn't take much time for sure.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Completely agree on the anticipation part, but one needs to concur whether to invest so heavily when the numbers are very meager and when the other two service centers open, the volume is bound to go down. At the end of the day its a decision made on capitale expenditure. No wonder FIAT is losing money keeping the capacity idle. Now the dealer at a small scale will not want to do this be it KHT, Aadya, Vecto or for that matter any dealer of any manfacturer will want invest heavily and keep the capacity idle. If they do that sooner they will shut shop and ultimately its the customer who will suffer when there is no facility at all. Atleast now its a delayed appointment.

Operationally thinking, when the vehicle is handed over at 1 pm only half a day is left. The other cars would have occupied the bays including running repairs who come without appointment. Moreover the underbody coating was requested, so the that itself would take a couple of hours so adding all these, if the vehicle was ready by EOD inspite of giving in the second half of the working day, it seems very reasonable.

As explained above, to match supply to the demand needs excessive capital investment and the demand would not sustain and the business case dies then and there.

If you recollect we actually wanted to open a dealership for FIAT. After you gave the idea, I did an extensive field research with help of Rakesh, parallelly had mobilzed funds as well, but gave up the idea because the returns from the investment is not guaranteed and this very same situation was also one of the scenario.

It is FIAT who should be seriously kicked for this situation by letting the dealerships open without the service centers being operational. The balance is simply lost and the customer is left frustrated.

Going there on Saturday to meet somebody and as well as my friend who is looking to buy Punto 90 HP. So will be around for sometime. Do give me a buzz if you intend to come.
  10. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    See... this is a known issue in many cars. This should have been conveyed to factory by field service and must have been rectified at production line. But, if you state this issue to service, they'll say "Sir, it's like that only. You need to shut it hard as the doors are heavy." and they drop the issue there. Believe me, most of the door rattles will aggravate due to this hard shutting, which again people say "Fiat is manufactured to withstand such abuse".

Since Imran has quoted that not other European cars require such extra effort, clearly it's a production fault (thanks to the customizations done for Fiat India).

:eek:fftopic:eek:fftopic Please continue this discussion at http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-c...exclusive-vecto-prerana-motors-bangalore.html