1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I would not have opted for the underbody coating at the service center. They are using Wuerth underbody coating. Not that it is bad, but I would prefer the 3M one any day over this.
    Though they have the new Hunter alingment and balancing equipment, I would still prefer to get it done from Madhus at Langford anyday because not just the machine, the guys there know what they are doing.

Those lot of unhappy customers are more with the ones who have dropped the vehicle at the service center without appointments. Its whole lot easier to sit in front of the computer and type away easily. But when the manufacturer is not supporting you to go live fully, it is the manufacturer to be blamed.

Example from Saturday morning - One palio owner came, dropped the vehicle at the service center to do the service without prior appointment and left the vehicle there telling take your time but take the vehicle first. Phew!

Anyways, to each to his own, some never want to understand the reality even when other service centers are not even giving you a proper DMS bill, only Vecto is being blamed.

All I did was referred you to the Service Advisor and nothing more.

+1. Proper equipment is there, but not sure how good is the technician when it comes to using the machine. So I only go to Madhus for the time being.

No mate, not sure how you arrived at this conclusion. Let me list a few reasons (point 1 and point 2 directly from Fiat personnel and the rest myself being a live witness of the whole process) that is causing this which I got to know from the horse's mouth (who is from Fiat and not Vecto)

1. The old database is not yet transferred from TATA to Fiat and the reason cited is manpower shortage. Bloody hell, either TATA or FIAT should have outsourced it. FIAT should beared the cost knowing that the data is its own baby. How can Vecto get involved or be blamed when the data transfer issue is between Tata and Fiat

2. The DMS for spares which is up, still does not let you tag the stock to parts issues or job cards closed. Saw this live when I picked up the steel rims for Palio. As an alternative, they are creating a whole new inventory system in Tally to at least be aware of what is in stock and what is not. The cause of concern is from Fiat and Vecto is bearing the additional cost of man power plus blame from customer as a bonus.

3. Stock orders that were placed before April 10th are taking its own sweet time to be delivered (for example my own order for steel rims that was placed on Feb 14th was received on 4th may 8 pm), not sure what is causing the issue.

4. An AC compressor raised under VOR 2nd of may is still not delivered. So even in this how can one blame Vecto.

5. All the job cards are maintained manually and the respective accounts are created in tally. See the bills from other service centers as well (example RDC). Which other service center according to you is able to document everything in the DMS including previous vehicle history.

If it is only blame that Vecto gets inspite of working late hours and on sundays (without taking vehicles for service on that day) to clear the backlogs, then we as customers are nothing to write home about either. More so when the customer forgets the very aspect of "give and take respect" courtesy and still expects to be treated as a king.
    1 person likes this.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks @platinumshine :) you saw the pic of Aadya motors on FB...that's when I took the delivery maybe :thumbup:

Thanks again !!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @subramanyab posting the bill for your reference :)

I had asked to check the fluids to SA, however its the job done in 1st service even if you don't mention.

I gave the vehicle at 12PM on last Friday and got it back on Saturday at 4PM.

Since it was 1st service, it took one day. Considering the number of FIATs parked at Vecto motors, I guess paid services may consume time :)

Cheers :)

uploadfromtaptalk1367860012857.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I agree mate. The issue is with 2013 cars only, even the brand new cars in showroom are suffering from this very same disease. Yes, its the front 2 doors only that don't close well whereas rear doors just close perfect with the mild thud.

I have test driven a lot of vehicles of different brands, once upon a time that being my hobby. (you never know, you might find my name & cell number in the black list of the showrooms for test driving and never buying a car :D)

Never ever seen this issue of doors not closing well in any of the cars. Right from Maruti Suzuki Alto up to Mercedes Benz C220 that I have driven.

The rattling issue from front left door and front doors not closing well are the only 2 issues that worry me, rest all is great and I love every mile I cover with my Paula

Hope I get this fixed sometime soon.

Cheers :thumbup:

5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Did u receive any warranty card for underbody coating?
    If not this a internal adjustment with in SA & 3M guys at service center. Refering to the bill there is no info abt Underbody coating applied on your car.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I knew this since I opted for this option when my punto got underbody coat.

With bill: 3.5k
    Without: 2k
    Warrant: SA (M frnd):D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @fiat-yamaha LOL.. nothing like that mate..

Hope this clears your doubts ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1367862208280.jpg

8. Thanks Krishna for going in length to explain the situation @ vecto.
    But,yes for my car, I would like to be treated as "King" and I'm sure, most of us, over here, follow the very aspect of "give and take respect" and I'm more concerned about things that are happening at my own backyard before stepping out to see if every thing is in order in other areas. Even if Fiat is indeed experimenting through Vecto, it's been 2 months since they got open.
    Otherwise, the odd long trips that we take for vacations enjoying our Fiat's would soon become a necessity :).

Now, if this indeed is the order reflecting in other FASS also, then I would request mods to open a separate thread to discuss the system side issues that is plaguing our brand new FASS's and lets pour out all our opinion/concerns there.

Why he was allowed in the first place? They could have asked him to come back after making a service booking.If the same service center can ask people to come back with appointment for running repairs/inspection, they should also let him know about the process of making a booking for a service well in advance.

Anyways, it's Imran's and his beloved Paula's thread. Let's not hijack it anymore for SC related discussions and carry it on over suitable thread or over PM's:)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Imran, for posting the bill. I see "Consumables" being charged at 380 bucks. U know what and all it was for?
    Instead of using that "generic" term they could have given a proper break up of the actuals.

Fri:12Pm --> Sat 4PM for a 5K service? :p
    ..well too long by any standards for me..especially when you go after a making proper booking, well in advance
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure in which thread this was discussed. Some people made a big hue and cry for asking to follow the booking an appointment rule and when it is allowed for running repairs the stand changes to why are they allowed. Whatever they do is being considered as a wrong measure. Once somebody starts to hate the other person, everything the other person does will be cynical. Not sure why KHT or Aadya motors have started their service operations even unofficially operating their Caffe and showroom respectively for well over month. This is causing undue stress to the owners as well as Vecto.

PS: the service opened only on the 5th of April 2013 and its still only a month and 2 days and not two months.

Firstly this one is not intended at you, but still not all customer follow the give and take respect courtesy. Please still tend to think that this service center too is like the ones that have indicabs all over the place and only shouting works. Nobody be it me or you or the service center security guy would be willing to be treated as shit just for the reason the customer is owning a car and is he is working there to fill his stomach.

By the way, Imran's car was ready on saturday morning when I went there and with the conversation I had with Imran, he was busy with his personal work and could not go and pick it up right away in the morning. How was it concluded that the time taken is too long and what assumptions were made. Though agree that the washing might have taken time again, since the place is a bit dusty and a dust cover forms within no time.

@Imran, did you check with the service advisor and ask him what these consumables are. you have every right to question it and get a justifiable answer.
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap & @subramanyab yes, I collected it in the noon, as I was stuck up in the morning. And looking at the amount of cars at Vecto, I did not want to press them to hard to deliver the car early.

Consumables include, coolant and other fluid top ups, wheel weights for balancing & alignment jobs. There was no separate WB & WA job mentioned in the bill, so I was convinced.

Hope I have answered all your questions folks.

Cheers :)