1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Hey Imran.. congrats on your purchase.

Shell doesn't have a separate production facility in India. They get the oil from Indianoil for South. But they sell what they get at right quantity.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

@pdydeva thanks a lot !!!

Only assurance you have fuelling up at shell is, you get only diesel and not the adulterated diesel.

But if Indianoil or any other source supplies adulterated diesel to shell, then God bless the multijet under the hood :D

So far the experience with shell has been great, so thinking of sticking to it !!!

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Service update:

Got my first service done at 4400 kms on Saturday 4th May 2013.

Vecto motors have done a decent job, no complaints.

Jobs done:

1. Underbody anti rust coating done, since SA recommended the same. 5 years warranty on the coat.

2. Wheel alignment and wheel balancing done as SA said in case of warranty claims, if FIAT doesn't find the job done in the service history, warranty goes void.

3. Coolant, brake fluid topped up.

4. The suspension was greased and now it feels a lot better inspite of running on Goodyear GT3 tyres.

Total damages = Rs. 2678.

Now coming to the issues which were not fixed :

1. Rattling issues have been minimized but still not zeroed :(

2. Doors are still hard to close, they don't close with a mild thud, one needs to force hit hard to close the door. My Dad keeps complaining about this issue every time he steps in my ride :D

The SA was polite, listened to all the issues, but the workload has definitely got them. A lot of unhappy customers were to be seen due to spare parts unavailability.
    It's clearly not the dealers fault, here FIAT should become a bit pro-active and fix such problems to keep such customers happy.

Apart from the above issues, rest all is well. Shall post an update after Paula makes a long run of 1000 kms sometime soon this weekend ;)

Last but not the least, I would like to thank @nkrishnap for directing me and helping me with contact details of Vecto Motors.

Finally, it seems like FIAT has started to "Make the move" but am unsure about the pace though :p

Cheers !!

1 person likes this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Does Rs. 2678 include under-body coating??
  5. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    Paste the bill here
    Did you change oil or any top up fluids ?
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Yes, 2000 rupees for underbody coating and rest for the fluids, wheel alignment and wheel balancing.

Sure, I shall post the bill in this thread tomorrow :)

7. Hi Imran,

Good to know that your first service experience went well and smooth :up.

What was the over all time taken for your service visit?

Which product they are using? and what was the recommendation of the SA to get the same done?

I hope they have the proper equipment and trained personnel to do the job. And I hope you have observed the same.In my Punto's case, most of the time, these SC's used to mess up with that and as a point of precaution and reliability, I started using centers like Madhu's regularly.

Why these were topped up at 5k service? Did you request or was there any issue?

What is that they are thinking could be the cause?

Sorry to differ, mate. I don't think FIAT has to be seen as a lone cause here. Vecto has system side issues and seems to be the lone FASS which is facing this issue.

All is well...that end's well. Nice to see a good service experience first up on a Monday morning :)
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

This is something we have to live with. When I visited the showroom I checked this issue in 2013 models and they are much worse than my car.
    Many forum members attribute heaviness of door as a reason. But, the rear doors shut with a smooth thud effect. Only front doors and the boot door need extra effort to shut them with a bang (I somehow fixed the problem and reduced the amount of bang required for the front doors alone)
    Someone needs to confirm if a Skoda or Volkswagen (which are equally heavy) has this kind of issue.. so that we can conclude that it's the poor design or bad quality control at Fiat's end.
  9. Add to that, if you report this in a SC and unfortunately, if an ill trained monkey gets to act on this,you'll end up in more worst situation .
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Congrats on your ride Imranshks! I happened to see your car pics in FB before your ownership thread began :)
    Glad to know your first free service was a good experience from the listed tasks' point of view.
    On a lighter note, in the new Fiat commercial ( make the move) the kid closes the door of the OB Linea and it could be seen that the door doesnot close completely, remains ajar :) I have gotten into the habit of applying right pressure at right place to get the front doors closed with a nice thud ! one necessarily doesnot need to force hit them hard or bang them.
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.