1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Congrats Imran. I too get almost the same mileage in Bangalore (that too in old airport road!!!).
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks, considering the traffic conditions in Bangalore, 13-14 kmpl is a great deal ;)

Cheers
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats Imran. Even I get the same 13-14 kmpl in Old Airport Road. Only difference - I drive a T-Jet :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Woah...that's one car which stands to its name T-Jet (Totally Jet).

I drove it along with my younger brother, out of curiosity to see how the car is, and I was floored with the performance :D

Only constraint I had was, fuel prices, since my daily usage is about 60 - 70 kms in Bangalore traffic !!! :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. Makshamsheer

Makshamsheer Timido

Hyderabad
    Congrattzzoooo Braaaahhhh.... Happy revving...

I do have a question though... After reading u r write up about the cars u tested... wondering if you can come up with an answer for this....

"Would like to know How ur "Paula" behaves post 150 Kph" - - - All I know - that the Aerodynamics tend to play a vital role but dint get to know much about it in any of the Punto Variants...

Lemme know...
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Totally agree with you. Punto has been designed keeping aerodynamics in mind. I have never got a chance to touch 150 km/hr so far. I did touch 110 km/hr and it seemed planted (as if its hugging the road).

I would say, when it comes to dynamics and handling of the car, this one's outstanding among rest of the so called premium hatchbacks (especially if u have driven Hyundai i20 CRDI) !!!

I have a feeling that post-2012 suspension setup (Increased GC) can turn out to be party spoiler at the higher speeds, still i would not conclude until i personally try & test it.

I shall keep you posted soon brother :)
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Just drove over Electronic elevated flyover !!! Sharing my unbiased experience

It all happened when my friend called me for a drive and I said "I am on"..

Picked up a 2 other guys as I wanted the vehicle to be loaded on its first long run ;)

Drove sane until we reached electronic city flyover.

Finally, it was time for Paula to show her capabilities.

1. The feel of turbo chargers spoiling up is only beyond 2000 rpm.

2. The steering felt rock solid even at the top speed achieved 155 kmph. :thumbup:

3. The vehicle seemed planted throughout the drive, even the increased GC proved to be supporting the dynamics of the car.:thumbup:

4. Brakes were really effective even at 130 kmph. No wonder why Fiat brake pads wear out at 15-20k kms, I don't mind it all.

5. Engine grunt was audible beyond 130 kmph when I put the pedal to metal. I think same holds good for Punto 75HP too. :thumbdown:

6. The MID started displaying Average consumption to be 12.4 km/l :D that's understood considering my heavy footed driving.

Paula has done just 2200 kms so far. I hope the engine shall get better and perform well after the first service :)

My friend captured the video but the odometer reading is barely visible, all u hear in the video is "Woah Woah Woah blah blah blah" :banghead:

I must say, after having driven almost all the cars in hatch n sedan segments, after Skoda Laura, Fiat Linea and Fiat Punto offer the same high speed stability at half the price of Laura. Again :thumbup:

Anyone has any queries or clarifications can feel free to post them, and I would be more than glad to answer them all as I finally took my sweetheart for a spin and I must say, I dint disappoint me even for single minute or a single mile !!!

Am a die hard fan of FIAT again :p

Cheers ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1364073059743.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364073164686.jpg
    3 people like this.
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Superb Review..
    1 person likes this.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Took my car to 3M HSR layout..

Wash and wax polish done, seems like the car has got the glossy exteriors back !!

Good Job :)

uploadfromtaptalk1364729637473.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364729653554.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364729670840.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1364729687674.jpg
    2 people like this.