1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Off-course I totally agree with you, if you are driving mostly in the city traffic like in Bangalore, pads may become eligible for replacement after an interval like 15K. But in a smaller towns or highways style driving, You may not require a replacement for 25K-30K interval as well. That's why they said 'if required' :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Lately I observed that clutch has some play and the gear shifts had become hard. Reverse gear was difficult to slot and used to make grinding noise.

Scheduled a running repair and visited Vecto motors today. They did bleeding to the clutch assembly and still the result wasn't satisfactory.

Finally, the clutch kit (pressure plates+ releaser bearing) were diagnosed to be faulty, as the pressure was not holding up.
    Since the vehicle has just done 16,300 kms on odometer, the clutch kit shall be replaced under warranty as there is no sign of wear on the pressure plates.

Shall get the vehicle on Monday. Let's hope for the best.

Cheers.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If the pressure plates were not faulty then what are the changing the kit for.
    The kit is is nothing but these plates and the bearing. And looking at your problem is looks like cylinder issue to me anyway do ensure to thoroughly check. Drive for at least 30 mins and check

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    It seems that pressure plates are working on and off, which is why the clutch seems to be ineffective :)

If the issue isn't resolved, I will go back to them, I am kind of used to it now.

5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Got the car back, drove about 30 kms and the car seems much refined and responsive.

Good job done by Vecto and FIAT. The clutch kit was replaced under warranty since it was a manufacturing defect.

Overall a hassle free experience at FASS.

Cheers :)

6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Glad to know that your car's faulty clutch kit was replaced under as it was a manufacturing defect.
    The moment you drive Fiat's all the previous issues vanish off from mind.
    Happy to see that Fiat & its dealers now are improving in service area & are replacing parts under warranty quickly which wasnt in the days of Tata-Fiat period.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Is that a general sweeping statement or just specific to the service center where you are getting the car serviced? The main issue with TATA earlier was not replacement of parts under warranty but not diagnoising the actual issue. The replacement of parts under warranty were never a problem with TATA service centers or with the current FIAT service centers.

Very true, the moment you behind the wheel, a few twisties thrown in, all that remains is the wide grin on the face.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    5 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    True, I feel, with Tata, part replacement was actually better.
    2 people like this.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Guys, its not about Tata-Fiat or Fiat SC, its Fiat as a manufacturer who is very generous when it comes to part replacement.
    Trust me, had this happened with a Maruti/Hyundai, they would not even entertain me under warranty :)

2 people like this.
  10. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I agree fiat as a manufacture is very generous on the warranty replacement, they are doing all their best to regain the lost glory!

I hope and wish them all the success!