1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No big deal Imran. Just the lower grille. Possibly just got unclipped and can be clipped back. Even otherwise, a new grille is not too expensive. Fixable.

No offense meant to you, but my heart goes out to that poor dog. As it is, it has been raining and the poor thing must have been cold and hungry. Hope he is safe. If not, hope he is dead. A dog's life is miserable enough without being maimed.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The grille should be checked for broken clips/locks if any. The metal pipe you see is nothing but the intercooler lines. Check for any deformation/oil leaks in that area. Do you feel any change in performance?
  3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Regarding the damages to the dog ;) if you didn't feel that you were running over something, then the dog must be safe as it generally has a slippery skin and will escape with minor scratches.

Just check in a well lit area if the inter cooler is damaged. Also check if your AC is working fine.

Yaa.. seems Bangalore dogs are attracted to your Punto :D
    1 person likes this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Agree, if its just the grille no problem, am worried if its intercooler or something else. That metal rod is shaking and seems like its not intact. Maybe i ll try calling FIAT Road side assistance and see if they can help.

Nope, the vehicle was performing fine, though I dint drive it much, this happened when I was about to reach my place (approx 1km from my home). Hope the damage doesn't put a dent on my pocket :(

I hope the dog is safe or dead like Rajan already mentioned. I don't want it to suffer, considering Bangalore traffic its even more unsafe to change lanes quickly, if not the dog, chances are that we get hit by others in the process.

The AC was on until I reached home. Let's see what the service center or FIAT road side assistance guys have to say.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Just reached office after paying a visit to Aadya motors. Wanted to get the car checked.

The lower grille for emotion variant costs Re.1053 !!! :eek:

The grille locks on bumper were cut due to impact. Hence planning to replace the bumper and get active Variant's black grille installed. As it is grey doesn't look appealing.

This TFI meet, I am gonna drive my car without the lower grille :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ imran why dont you visit some local garage and see if some jugaad can be done to fix the locks on bumper
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Are the grill locks something like this? 45199d1367323081-reversing-lamp-dislodged-reflector-broken-20130430_135625.jpg

This is a broken lock which holds the reversing lamp in my car. ASC fixed them with some super glue and the lamp is still there :D
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im sure, one of the fog lamp holders would have broken too. They are really flimsy, Get that checked too.

The Aluminium pipe in front off the Intercooler is nothing, it just holds 2 foam moulds on either side of the bumper, no other purpose.

There was a slight leak from my intercooler from a similar incident 1.5 yrs ago, no physical damage on the intercooler though. Oil used to deposit at the corner of the inter cooler. The SC guys ignored it saying it's nothing. The turbo hose got a cut about 5 months after that and then again after 4 more months. Im not sure if it was due to the leak on the Intercooler but i pestered the SC guys and got the Intercooler replaced under warranty ;).
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes Shams, the problem is i lost the grille at the spot where this happened. And grey colored grille costs Rs.1035 (MRP written on the spare part package).

I shall see if i can try to leave a bit early from office, if not i shall get it fixed on Monday :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

My front bumper grille is gone. I could see a few ribs on the inner portion of the front grille (assuming those are the locks that hold the lower grille)

Yup, the rod that is before the intercooler got dislocated due to the broken plastic moulding. You got that spot on !!!

I dont see any oil leakages so far, i shall keep a close watch on any leaks from the engine bay !!!

The performance of the vehicle hasnt changed, but your post scared me now :D *fingers crossed*
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Visited Vecto motors yesterday. The bumper was opened up to diagnose that one out of four radiator mounting was lost in the dog hit.

In the process of re fitting the bumper back, the technician forgot to connect fog lamps. My bad, I realized it only last night in the heavy rain and poor vision.

Called FIAT RSA and explained them the issue this morning, surprisingly they arranged a local technician to fix this and he was at my doorstep in 30 mins.

Though it was a 2 minute job, just the connectors had to be plugged back in (I agree, i was dumb enough not to try that out before reaching RSA).

Overall, glad to see the quick response from FIAT RSA.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2