1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Cool.. happy to know you got the problem rectified. If I understand correctly, now all the 4 struts are replaced under warranty in your car right?
    How do you feel the driving comfort now when compared to my car? It must be much better as you are on a C-drive when compared to my Acelere.

How much does it cost to roll back to the older struts and the sway bar? Is it doable at FASS itself?

Regarding the alignment, your vehicle must be pulling left as you counter-steer the vehicle to right in order to keep it straight. Right??:)
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Ganges,
    I agree Absolute mud flaps are not effective like old tata fiat mud flaps but they look sexy and protect the car's body from getting more dirty..
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @pdydeva yes, all 4 struts replaced under warranty, though the rear struts were just 1000 kms old, still they replaced it as FIAT had instructed them to do so maybe.

Yeah, since you are on acelers, your ride is a bit on firm side, Yokohama C drives are giving me a bit plush ride.

About the old suspension, it should cost you within 10k for sure. You just need 4 struts and an anti roll bar and you can source it from FASS too. That suspension offers you the best in class ride quality. Drive a pre-2012 Punto or Linea and then drive your car to know the difference :)

I will soon install it sometime and shall offer you a ride on my Car bro.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    The anti roll bar is for the front I suppose. Earlier Puntos had a rear anti roll bar too. Any specific reason why Fiat removed it? One reason may be for weight reduction to comply with BS4 norms.

Experts,
    Would it improve the comfort if a rear anti roll bar is also added (which 2009/pre-BS4 Puntos had)?
    I read somewhere that the anti roll bar with improved GC kit is more stronger than the older one, so why should we change that if we are going back to older setup? or is it by design different?

- Deva
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    punto never had rear anti-roll bar! this has been discussed extensively to conclusion here :http://www.teamfiat.co.in/minor-issues-questions/3676-cost-cutting-fiat.html
  6. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Thanks Shams. Looks like Fiat itself was not sure about adding a rear ARB which is evident from the confusion between brochure and owner's manual. Anyway, based on the pictorial evidence, Punto never had a rear ARB.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    those pics which you are referring as brochure are from some other websites, not from Fiat! Fiat was sure. we got confused:)
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    I have seen the actual brochure posted by Sid in TeamBHP which shows a rear stabilizer bar (aka sway bar or ARB).
    Also, the post of owner's manual by Romsi doesn't show a ARB for the front, but there was one actually. confused still :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    oh ok! then you are right about the brochure thing!
    since the confusion was only for rear ARB, romsi had posted pics of rear only.
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

hi Imran, how about the springs, do we need go for pre 2012 ones for lesser spring rate? didyou get any further info on that?
    sry to hear abt d duster incident.