1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    More the reason to see why this sort of an issue cropped up at the first place. Fiat had loads and loads of time to ensure such issues did not arise, but has happened. Hopefully, it gets resolved at the earliest.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Shows FIAT's poor planning. They were not ready at all. They expected some magic to happen??
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Finally after a lot of chasing and follow ups and not to forget "Escalations", the service manager at Aadya has agreed to attend my car on Monday (22-Jul-2013). I had to raise my voice and change the tone to get this done unlike Vecto motors where I was a guy without an appointment but still they attended my car and got the rear struts changed.

Taking a day off on Monday just for this and hope this time I don't have to convince people around and get a satisfactory resolution. Just replace the parts under warranty and check if that issue gets resolved.

Even the minute bumps are felt inside the cabin and driving alone has become a pain to me with steering wobbling in my hands on slightest of uneven. It feels as if the shock absorbers are leaf springs of truck (no action but just taking the load).

If the issue isn't resolved then I have a plan B, will roll back to older suspension which Sat-Chit-Ananda has.

Thanks to @Patchyboy @venka @Cubbie @Platinumshine @Sunswape and @Sat-Chit-Ananda and all other TFIans for the support.

Hope this issue gets nailed by the time I clock 10000 kms (currently odo reads 8801 kms).

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Removing the mudflaps was definitely a bad idea !!!!

Some pics of what rains can do to your car without mudflaps.

uploadfromtaptalk1374247206891.jpg

You can notice the dirt on the ORVM shell too :)

uploadfromtaptalk1374247241952.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374247293743.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374247324084.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374247342039.jpg

Ordered moulded mudflaps from 99rpm, expecting the delivery on Monday :)

5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: It's been around 3000 kms am driving on Yokohama C drive tyres. Tested them to the max today on Bangalore roads as it was raining and I wanted to test the wet grip (heard a lot of great reviews about wet grip of Yokohama c drives). My observations

1. Side wall flex scares you a bit, since the tyres aren't hard like GT3, high speed cornering is comprised.

2. Tyres are Hell lot grippy on wet roads than dry roads (totally confidence inspiring)

3. Brakes worked like a charm even at the speed of 90 kmph on short stretches in city road, needless to mention Bangalore is all wet today

4. Road noise is minimal, rolled down the Windows and drove all the while today enjoying the drizzle

Overall, am happy with the performance of the tyres so far. Hope it remains the same even after clocking 15-20k kms more too :)

1 person likes this.
  6. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have the same issue even with moulded mudflaps on my Punto Emotion. Will post few pics with mudflaps. So let me know how it goes in your case.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @govindankvs yeah, moulded mudflaps too won't protect the car completely but still, something is better than nothing.

Mudflaps that Fiat gives along with the car make the car look ugly. So just got rid of them :)

8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Odomoter reads 8888 kms !!! My favourite number :D

uploadfromtaptalk1374321292252.jpg

9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats on clocking 8888 kms in your Paula..moulded mud flaps somehow stops car from getting dirty..
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty ".,Paula"