1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Rear struts replaced under warranty, SA and guys told me that one of the rear struts was faulty and the other was too stiff and that's why it used to feel as if the suspension at the rear isn't working.

Faulty part and poor PDI check by the dealer are the reason for this. After showing it to Aadya motors and hearing "Fiats are meant to be like this", its Vecto motors who helped me get rid of the part.

SA also said that the front strut pads seem to have gone bad which is causing the bumpy ride and the sound when going over speedbreaker or into potholes. They do not have the strutpads in stock so I ll have to wait for a week to get those replaced.

Finally, I must say I have found a reliable service center where people atleast acknowledge my problem, and extend their help.

Took a test of my car and also sat at the rear seat to notice the change, yes I can now feel the shock absorbers doing the duty that they are supposed to do :D

Can't wait to get the front strut pads changed and start munching miles with smiles :cool:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Hey Imran! It was nice meeting you today! :) We'll meet up some day and call few other guys too! ^_^
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @jishnu same here man. Sure, let's catch up sometime with more Puntos and Lineas :)

Cheers :thumbup:

4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Visited Vecto motors today and got the strut pads replaced under warranty.

Sadly, like most of them said it isn't going to help, it really didn't help :( the car is overall better than what it was but still not up to the expectations. The unsettled ride still persists.

SA told me to drive a few 1000 kms and get back as they will replace the front struts too and check if that resolves the issue. Now I feel only the rear suspension is working fine and soaking shocks well but the front one doesn't.

Also, the wheel alignment was messed up big time past few kms.

Got it done at A1 Car care near Lalbagh, read @theblack 's review about that tyre shop and took a chance. Now the vehicle seems fine and there is no pull on either sides. Found a reliable tyre shop guy whom I can trouble in case of alignment and balancing.

Lastly, I have decided that in case this replacement of front suspension doesn't solve the issue, I would blindly roll back to the older suspension (pre-2012) and let the underbody scrape a bit and enjoy the plush ride and handling of FIAT :D

P.S when people with Ford Figo (168mm) can tackle the bumps, why can't I do it with Punto (173mm). All I need to do is slow down a bit on these bumps.

Folks from Bangalore, please provide your valuable suggestions, would downgrading the suspension cause issue on Bangalore roads ? Isn't 173mm enough GC for Punto?

Thanks.

5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @Imran Bhai downgrade to pre 2012 suspension..its way plusher than 2012 models..seriously when i drive our Punto on broken roads with big potholes in my city or Hubli underbody wont scrape at all..the think is you need to go very slowly on these types of roads..thats it..replace ur car's suspension with pre 2012 suspension..and u had driven my car so u better know how's the ride of pre 2012 models..
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Nadeem yeah man...that will be the last resort. Next month the service center guys will change front struts, even after that if the issue isn't fixed am done with this GC.

Yeah, a little precaution while driving over bad roads and bumps should help me in not scraping the underbody :)

7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    The issue with ride quality still prevails. Rear portion feels fine but the front shock absorbers don't seem to be doing the duty.

Visited Aadya motors to get this checked. As always the SA / Service manager didn't admit or acknowledge the issue. When other fellow TFIans intervened, he was forced to acknowledge the same.

No commitment given by him on time to replace the front struts.

Mailed Mangesh Kodalkar from FIAT about the issue and received a quick response marking officials from Aadya about the same.

But this pathetic service of Aadya, no one followed up with me about the same, nor did anyone respond to my calls.

Every kilometer clocked now is becoming a real pain, thanks to Yokohama C drives for giving me a bit of comfort, had they been GT3, I would go crazy by now.

Also, there are a lot of rattles in the car, its just 5 months old but seems like 5 years old car :banghead:

8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Been chasing with Mangesh and Fiat customer care about the suspension issue. Almost over a month now and there's no response and standard reply saying spare parts haven't arrived.

I sometimes wonder in a month's span one can import whole car from Italy but fiat service centers can't get a single damn spare part ? Definitely a question on Fiat's credibility as a car manufacturer.

Day by day the ride quality is getting pathetic and I feel as if am driving a truck with leaf springs as suspension.

Also, had a word with a fellow TFIan who has old suspension components to give away. Shall try it sometime soon and post the results.

9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    This delay is something do to with the customs and related issue. Since there was name change from FIAPL to FIAGL, the parts consignment is awaiting customs clearance. And of course the person who overlooked this and approved the procurement request needs his employment contract reviewed. :A

The end result, the customer suffers and the legacy of FIAT continues :A
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    To be exact, its FGAIPL now! And it has been more than six months since the name change, long enough time to resolve such problems..