1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @wolverine_arnab I had done 6580 kms with GT3, can't describe my state of mind with those set of tyres. Cornering and spirited driving with GT3 was a boon but sedate drives used to take away all the fun :banghead:

I got Rs.2200 for GT3 per trye and Yokohama C drive was quoted Rs.5100 per tyre. So per tyre costed me Rs.2900 on exchange and total Rs.11,600 for a set of 4 tyres. (Wheel balancing free)

I highly doubt that Yokohama C drives would last above 30000 kms but still according to me, its worth the expense incurred :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. Yoko c drive will surely last for 40k kms provided you do the rotation and balancing on time..
    Yoko c drive is harder compared to xm1+and xm2.if xm series can last 45k to 50k kms, yoko c drive will last as well.
    Yoko s drive and avs db lasts less.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Yes.. will go down this weekend to check, if i get a good deal will go for Michelin PLC
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Had been to 3M HSR to get my car washed. Asked the guys out there to somehow take the scratches on the bumper out which I damaged recently.

I must say, 3M is expensive but the quality of work till date has been impressive to me atleast and I feel its worth it.

Finally, a big thank you to the 3M HSR guys in helping me "keep my car looking new". I would surely recommend that 3M outlet :D

Also, Got rid of truck like mudflaps and installed the new number plates last weekend.

Let the pics do the talking ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1370799797327.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370799811035.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370799826168.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370799838560.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370799849515.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1370799860008.jpg
  5. venka

venka BANNED

what treatment did ur paula undergo in 3M , how much was dent on pocket ?? looks new dude :)
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Red Hot Beauty Ferrari..ur car is looking sportier n hot from back without those crappy truck like mud flaps..
    1 person likes this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @venka thanks man. I had got paint sealant treatment done last month. Costed around 3500 for it. After which, I bumped my car in parking lot. Left rear bumper portion was damaged. :(

Today I just got it washed and the guys out there helped me get rid of the scratches which I incurred when I damaged bumper. It looks a lot better now.

They charge Rs.438 for wash and interior vacuum cleaning. The rubbing on that damaged area was done for free as a goodwill gesture :)

8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    It's been a while that I bought Yokohama C drive shoes for my Punto. Let me post the review of the tyre as she clocked close to 1000 kms with these.

Pros: Ride comfort has tremendously increased
    Almost no road noise
    Good wet grip

Cons: these tyres aren't meant for spirited driving.
    You tend to lose confidence on corners at high speeds.
    Quick lane changes seem scary too.
    Steering sometimes feels like an EPS (not sure if its tyres or some mechanical stuff)

In terms of brakings I don't know how to quantify, but the tyres don't inspire enough confidence on panic braking.

Bottom line: as a drive enthusiast these tyres would disappoint you big time but in terms of comfort they aren't the best but fare better when compared to OEM tyres.

9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to know that you are happy with the ride quality. Since, this was your main concern with GT3s, I feel new tyres are serving the purpose well. :up

Btw, you seemed to have got fantastic price for your used GT3s. Where did you exchange them? Last time when I checked GT3 exchange price at a reputed shop, I was quoted a shocking 500Rs per tyre :shocked It had clocked @8 or 9 k kms then
    -Sent from Lumia 620 using Board Express
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Punto_Emotion I got them exchanged at Sai Iyengar tyre shop, bilekahalli besides IIMB.

The new issue now is that the front left tyre seems to be worn out unevenly. Could be the faulty suspension that's causing this. Gotta get it diagnosed next week as I have an appointment with Vecto.

Hope they cooperate to diagnose and get the faulty parts (if any) replaced.

Overall, yes the tyres are serving the purpose and the car is a lot more drivable now :)

Cheers :thumbup: