1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Mohankv and @PatchyBoy I never removed the tyre, in any event. This came fitted as it is and I dint ever bother for it.

Now I know the concept right and hopefully for my next set of tyres I can ensure it.

BTW, I would blame Aadya motors for not being skilled enough to understand this :banghead:

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is very unsettling, if FIAT did not bother to ensure that the tyres are aligned correctly :(

Rajan
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Do not fall for his sweet talk. He is the same person who blamed the roads for road noise from Goodyear Eagle NCT5 and had no answer why another car with similar mileage from the Eagle NCT5 did not have tyre noise. :A
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @PatchyBoy I realise, there's no point in blaming anyone now... I have taken a day off from office just to get this fixed.

Hope the issue gets resolved.

Wish me luck :thumbup:

Need your vest

5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap I understand. Guys at Vecto also have acknowledged that its something to do with suspension.

Final check shall be done at Aadya again on this Saturday just to confirm if the suspension is faulty.

Tried replacing the tyres with Apollo Acelers and still the issue persists. So 90% chances that suspension might have gone bad.

Let's see what the final conclusion is, maybe this weekend. Shall keep you posted.

Thanks.

6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very sad to hear about your hurdles for new car.
    Wish you luck and hope to see your glory back soon without any problems.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ganges yeah... In my thoughts I already calculated the depreciation I will incur on the car :p but I somehow feel its too early to give up.

Saturday, would be spent at Aadya motors, hope they don't start troubleshooting from the scratch saying wheels are faulty, suspension is perfectly fine etc etc.

Only problem is, I do not have enough time to waste at any service center without getting down to the resolution of the issue :(

Thanks for the concern and wish me luck !!!

Cheers :thumbup:

8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: had been to Aadya motors to get the suspension checked. The SA took a test drive of the car and said, "Fiats are meant to be like this, I don't feel there is any problem in the car, its absolutely fine. Once suspension reaches saturation, it will work fine, this suspension lasts for atleast 1lakh kms" (some gyaan given by SA to me, which was kind of hard to believe, term saturation is something I haven't heard of)

That moment I felt like a Moron :confused:

Later I asked, have you driven any pre-2012 car ever ? He said "Sir that suspension had a lot of drawbacks, that's why Fiat gave this suspension". Huh

In the end somehow I convinced him to do the diagnosis on the suspension and if problem still persists, we shall have someone from Fiat get this checked.

Booked for an appointment on Jun 7th.

Good part is, Fiat was constantly following up with Aadya motors to know if my issue has been resolved. I got a follow up call from Aadya to confirm if I was the customer who escalated about this to Fiat :) atleast someone is listening to me !!

Also, planning for tyre upgrade. Sick and tired of Goodyear making my ride bad every day !! Bridgestone MY02 or Yokohama C drive or Yokohama AVS DB shortlisted, which one should I choose?

My criteria is, I am not bothered about road noise, the tyre should be strong enough to sustain the potholes and provide a bit of comfort and grip well. As it is, any tyre apart from Goodyear GT3 is a good tyre like someone said. Your suggestions are welcomed folks :)

9. You can either try yoko avs db or c drive both are tried and tested tyres.
    Yoko c is higher on noise with good life, avs db is like primary lc from mich.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +1 to ^^. Stick to C drives which has more sturdier sidewalls and superb grip in wet and dry. My colleague swapped the GT3 on his brand new punto to C drives.
    1 person likes this.