1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap thanks, I shall try what Rajan said and then take an action.

Yeah, gotta get bumper aligned, only if Aadya motors guys are courteous enough to take my car without prior appointment. :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I would not suggest the aerosol com paint. The reason being, if there is deep scratch, firstly you will need to get the surface smoothened before applying any sort of paint.

Com paint is good only for surfaces which do not require any smoothening of the surface.
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Looks like a superficial damage to me. Wiping and polishing should make the damage less visible. Since you have a broken mud flap, you may have to visit the service centre to fix it.. you can get the bumper realigned then.
    Damages are too minimal to go for a repaint. Still, if you are particular about getting it painted, I'd suggest Sai colorium near Jaya nagar. They do a good job AFAIK.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @pdydeva i shall check with them on this weekend. I was just curios whether the vendors (non-autorized Fiat service centers) will be able to touch up the paint without leaving any trace on bumpers of being repainted.

i shall check with them once over the weekend.

Thanks.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Since Vecto guys raised a complaint to Goodyear guy about the tyres, I was called to JC Road and the Goodyear guy said, the tyres consume a lot of weight and steering wobbles above 100.

He explained me about the red and yellow markings on tyre. It's called high value and low value.

Typically, yellow mark should be just above the tyre valve to keep the tyre healthy and thus consuming less weight when wheel balancing is done.

I did notice that all my tyres had yellow mark not aligned. Due to which balancing last time consumed 210 grams of weight.

To my shock, 2 tyres had nails almost penetrated into but the tyres just kept running without any problems.

Hats off the Goodyear tubeless technology, its India proof tyre for sure.

The Tyre expert has changed the tyre positions and ensured yellow mark is just above the valve. He claims, that issue would be resolved now and in case it doesn't he will replace the tyres.

Let's see what's in store. 3rd wheel balancing being done in a single month burning a hole in my pocket :p

Paula, please be good now !!!

7. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Get the Guy who has done all this and take him for a good long test drive.. and sort it out with them in person with u.. U dont want to get back home with the same issue coming back to haunt u again..
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The Yellow dot is called "Low Spot" and the Red dot is called "High Spot".

The RED dot indicates the high spot on the tire and is to be used as the location for measuring tread wear. "When the indicators show, tyres must be replaced."

The YELLOW dot indicates the lightest part of the tyre, also known as "maximum force variation." This should be lined up with the heaviest part of the wheel - the valve stem. They call this "phase aligning" the tyre.

Did you change the tyres before? It is surprising that the tyres were mounted without aligning the yellow spots.

Rajan
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Imran, was it Umesh from Goodyear who told all this? If yes, please get the car tested right in front of him and ask him to note the same in the job sheet he gets.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap yes it is umesh. I took him along with me to Vecto motors.

We are swapping the tyres with Apollo Acelers, just to rule out the doubt that we have on tyres.

Let's see if other tyres on my car work fine. Then we would be able to zero down.

He is helpful, and has said if the tyre is faulty he will replace it, if not he would give a report stating tyres are fine and its due to faulty mechanicals of car.

Thanks.

1 person likes this.