1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    M getting my car to vecto as well tomo for the airbag failure issue.. we will test drive ur car and see wat this issue is about bhai dont worry abt it..

I will be in vecto by 9:30 am ... after u get ur issue and my airbag failure error sorted out.. we will go to HSR ..
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Mohankv sure bro... I shall be there around 10:30 tomorrow. Let's catch up.

I know for sure, even Vecto guys wouldn't know the reason for this behavior of the car, still its worth trying :)

See you

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Do test drive couple of other Puntos before deciding on further course of action. Hope your issue gets sorted out soon.
    Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Board Express
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Update: Had been to Vecto motors this morning, without any formal appointment. Just wanted the SA to check my car.

They took a TD along with me without any delay and finally said, the bumpy ride is due to Goodyear GT3 and hence they raised a complaint to Goodyear and scheduled my meet with them on 22-May-13.

Also, tried 2013 90HP test drive vehicle at Vecto motors showroom. The ride was way better than my car's as that TD car had Apollo Acelers as wheels.

Reached 3M HSR to get paint sealant and 3M nomad mats to be installed. Drove Mohankv's 2013 90HP and felt that his car's ride as well was good compared to mine, of course his car also came with Apollo Acelers... Am I too lucky to have got Goodyear GT3 :banghead:

Shall post the pics tomorrow taken in the day light.. these rains have made the exteriors of the car a bit dirty :)

5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I knew it was Goodyear tyres which were making ur ride bouncy...insha allah u will get ur goodyear gt3 replaced with new apolllo accelere tyres..
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Got the paint sealant done, and 3M nomads installed at 3M HSR yesterday.

Car got dirtied due to rains but still managed to clean and clicked a few pictures now.

Cleaning your car on your own is something that gives you immense pleasure even though you are drenched in sweat :p

So, paint sealant + 3M nomad mats

Total damages - Rs. 8151

uploadfromtaptalk1368985711580.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985728542.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985748467.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985759751.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985783048.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985826431.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985838395.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1368985852268.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Call it my carelessness or bad luck but this happened in the office parking lot :(

Urgent: Any suggestions on how and where to get this fixed ? As I am on leave tomorrow planning to get it fixed tomorrow itself.

Pics attached for reference.

Apart from service centers or claiming insurance, in what other way can I get this sorted.

Appreciate your inputs folks.

uploadfromtaptalk1369121584984.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1369121626325.jpg
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ You sure you want to claim insurance for that?? Doesn't look major enough to lose NCB. Just get a bottle of paint thinner from any hardware shop. Soak a rag in the thinner and rub the affected area. Immediately wipe off with a clean dry cloth. That will remove the foreign paint / white stuff from the car and make the scratches less conspicuous.

Next step, use some cut & polish compound to get rid of the superficial scratches. After that, stand back and see if you still think you need to claim insurance and get the whole bumper replaced / painted.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Seems like a minor impact. The bumper needs to be aligned back. As for the scratches, check if its superficial or not. If you can see the primer coat or the black plastic you will need to get it painted. Do note that half bumper can be painted and should cost you aroudn 1.5-2k.

I would prefert to wait and see the result after what Rajan has suggested. If you still feel the scratches are evident, then think about repainting. I dont think the bumper needs to be replaced.

Forget about the insurance for this small repair/repaint job.
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Thanks for the suggestion bro, shall definitely try that.

I dont want to claim the insurance, in my previous post i have mentioned "Apart from claiming insurance or visiting service center" :D

Yeah, thank God it isnt a major damage as such, i slowly happened to bump a cab while parking (reverse gear) my car as he was right behind me and i dint notice :(

Thanks again for the suggestion, i shall try it over the weekend !!