1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande Punto 90HP - Stunning Italian Beauty "Paula"

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by imranshks, Mar 17, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Did you test drive the car at the speeds where there was wobbling. Either ways GT3 is nothing to write home about. Did they by any chance change the mounting positions of the tyres.
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @nkrishnap did 90 km/hr and its absolutely fine.. Couldn't exceed the speed beyond.

I shall try higher speeds this weekend to see if issue is sorted or still exists.

Yes, they removed the tyre and fit it in other direction to correct the errors.

Also the tyres mounting arrangement was done as suggested by Hunter Road force machine :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    In all the hustle of getting wheels right, I forgot to post a beautiful thing that happened when I was cruising at 60-70 km/her, on my way back to Bangalore :)

Check out the magical figures 28.1 km/l on the odometer !!! :thumbup:

uploadfromtaptalk1368643383520.jpg
    2 people like this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For how many KMS ?
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ganges I drove at this pace for around 70-80 kms when I started from Hubli..average speed showed 58 km/hr...There was a long way ahead (around 350 kms) so, I lost patience and increased the speed to 100-110 km/hr and those magical figures vanished.

My bad, I didn't captured those pics :( maybe will do that on my next road trip :thumbup:

1 person likes this.
  6. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Glad to know! So, has the wobbling issue at higher speeds vanished?
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Did upto 90km/hr and there is no sign of steering wobbling. Gotta try out speeds beyond 110 km/hr coz thats when i faced this issue.

I am going to try it over this weekend on NICE road, I shall keep you posted about it :)
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Today, I noticed a strange phenomenon for the first time on my way to office and back.

1. When taking a steep turn at 40 kmph the car used to hug the undulating road and turn earlier, but today to my shock, the car was going all over the road as if I have lost control.

The steering is precise n perfect, tyre pressure is 32 psi (optimum for GT3) and still this happened. So wheel alignment and balancing doesn't seem to be the culprit.

If this phenomenon is called body roll due to raise GC, then :banghead: my car has evident body roll... How I seriously wish FIAT had not played with the good old suspension setup that set a benchmark in terms of ride and handling.

Going to Vecto motors to get the car examined tomorrow, also dropped an email to Fiat about this awkward behaviour and bad ride quality at just 5900 kms.

Got a reply from Mr.Mangesh Kodalkar that he will get in touch with the regional guys and get my car inspected.

Hope this behavior doesn't crop up again.

2. Also, though I manage it and dont feel much of a difference, my Dad complain about the uneven and bumpy ride, he says his Maruti 800's ride was way better than my car's for 1/4th the price. :mad: (He isn't a drive enthusiast at all)

I don't know what to do in this situation but somehow, I need to fix this issue to get my car back to normal (the condition where it brings smile on my face) :)

Wish me luck !!!

9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its pretty clear that new models does have fair bit of body roll compared to old ones. Tyres, wheel alignment doesn't affect the roll factor. You have been driving your Punto for a while now. Haven't you experienced similar behavior before?
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Punto_emotion honestly, never felt this before.

In fact during initial days of my ownership, I have argued with a few of TFI members about the absence of body roll in my car which is having raised GC.

If nothing works, I will be forced to downgrade the suspension kit and lower the GC to enjoy the ride to its fullest.

Hope that situation never arises and I get this issue resolved.

Cheers :)