1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My grande punto 90 HP exotica red

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by dr.apoorva, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Hello kedar..it will not irritate because the whistle will blow when you cross 2500rpm means if you drive like a racer(drag) then whistle will blow and you get attention of people around you...if you drive at 80 than the rpm shows around 2000..so no whistling sound at normal driving..hope it will help in buying it or not..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thank you so much Apoorva.

I am thinking to buy one now.
    1 person likes this.
  3. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Congrats on your 90 HP :).. Modification looks awesome! I personally like the Vinyls!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Apoorva, congrats for your buy and the efforts that you have put are simply amazing and shows the dedication ! But ,keep it simple and don't be spending too much for a car even if it is a FIAT ;). To me ,the first few pictures with less modifications are my pick than the mods all over the place.

I just don't want people to see this as an overdone job considering the HUGE efforts ,time and dedication put for this work.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Apoorva, congrats for choosing this stunning beauty both in looks and performance !

The air intake on the car hood has red visible in the intake cavity, try to blacken that with black vinyl. That in itself will make it look more thorough. The red carbon vinyl on dash looks nice and fresh and is definitely not out of place as some would think.
    Thats are lots of mods for a new machine:D, but I liked especially what you did to the diesel cap/fuel lid. Might I suggest you to wait for the engine to go out of warranty before you perform chip mods on the same.
    Alternatively, Wolfmoto mod/remap for Punto 90hp can be vouched by many who have done them on TFI. It is a rather safer route and allows you to have choice as per you driving spirit and conditions. I sincerely suggest you take an opinion poll of a kind to see what the experts here think about modding a new engine. Do start a thread if you like.
    I completely agree with the wheel mod suggestion of changing the colour, except you could look for changing it to drift gold colour that would make the car really stand out amongst the crowd.

Attached pic for reference..
    speedline-turini-gold-alloys.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. Thanks a lot mohanrav..I made this vinyl design myself..I copied it from this pic..
    20 x 5.5 cm.JPG

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks bharath for your honest opinion. Even I know that I am doing over. but as I mentioned before in other replies that I just made experiments. So you all TFIans are most welcome to give me suggestions. I really appreciate it. I spent lot of time in this and worked by my own hands. but when you do all by yourself then you will fall in love with your car even more than before. anyway thanks a lot for replying.:up

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot for appreciating my work asimpleson. You gave really nice suggestions. Actually I already applied the 4D black vinyl on the re bonnet area under the air vent. But forgot to upload that photo. I have discussed to experts about upgrading the performance of my car. They suggest that if you remap your ecu than the warranty would be lost. But if you install any tuning box and when you go for service after removing it then no one can find that you did something like upgrading. means it is a one type of cheating but there will be no issue with the warranty. So I will think about it what should be do. without tuning box or remap i have taken my car above 170 kmph.

I will surely do something with alloys as per your opinion.

8a2702ed53b3997cefcb1da75812eb7d.jpg 47bf_35.JPG

what do you think if I do something like this with my alloys? what is your opinion?

Thank you very much again.
    1 person likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    It is really a matter of choice finally, I still think the drift gold ones will look better, it's my pick for red, do explore your options. Google is your friend. :)
    Do update photos and have fun.

Enjoy..!
    2 people like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am also thinking to paint my Punto's OEM alloys in golden color but I will prefer blackish gold color and it will look excellent on white Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ok..thanks asimpleson..i will think about it.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Actually the options are pretty much like unlimited these days. The photographs vary and mislead somewhat due to lighting conditions. Effect of gold variants is best seen in actual rather than photos.

Are these the blackish gold you are thinking of ?

cades-eros-alloy-wheels-gold-polished-rim--17886-p.jpg
    1 person likes this.