1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grande Punto 90 HP - 2013 Refresh (Minimal Grey)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by guruprasad, Jul 13, 2013.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Paint sealant, not required if you take good care of your vehicle. Its a brand new vehicle. The treatment takes away few microns of clear coat. I was an advocate for paint sealant treatment and got them done on both our cars but now I know the reality. Its your call finally.

Just use microfiber cloth to clean your car. Get a Jopasu duster for the dusting and use a good shampoo. And wax the car atelast once a month. Minimal grey is very easy to maintain and is highly glossy.

3D mats are available for 4.5k at Chennai. The genuine Maxpider ones. Have them in both our Puntos and they are awesome. No offense guys but those 3M nomads remind me of office entrances and they do not feel right in a car, given they cost a bit more than 3D mats.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2 people like this.
  2. venka

venka BANNED

3. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

Congrats buddy.. nice to see a 90HP in minimal grey..
    - Run in is mandatory for a minimum of 1000 kms. So maintain lesser rpms so that you don't stress the engine.
    - 3M under body coat will create an additional layer of protection with better sound damping. I'm not a fan of the paint sealant but a layer of wax (once in a month at least) protection should do good.
    - OE Punto Tyvek can be ordered at the dealerships
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. 1 person likes this.
  5. divx

Congratulations Guru. A quick inspection of my Punto @ office did really help. (Probably you might have Guessed who I am?)
    I would suggest to put a hold on Paint sealant, mats, underbody coating, FE, Covers, sunscreen, Tyres, etc, etc etc ... and Just enjoy the drive for now. Just give the car a wash, if you feel its dirty. If its raining, its all the more reasons you need to drive :steering.

Enjoy the car now and its the top most priority :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Thanks to all for helping me out. As of now i have not done any cosmetics or modifications to my GP.
    Ordered Jopasu Car Duster and Chamois Leather to take care of dusting and wiping out the moisture or after water wash.
    Driver exp : 550 KM done
    Thud sound while engaging to reverse gear if the vehicle is not stationary (I hope this is common and nothing strange).
    ACC works fantastic no comments.
    Steering just goes with line and no slippery while turning, earlier with my alto it used to drag a bit.
    Break , i should give big thanks to FIAT for giving 195 stock tyre, it just stops where ever it is.
    BLUE and ME is still blue in my mind, out of lot of trial and error i did a voice call, rest i have not explored. Every one keep on asking me about Songs play via Bluetooth :roll: My response "not tried or i really don't know".
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hi GP, congrats for owning a brand new 2013 GP:p!!
    How else can i prove that both of you GP's are made for each other.
    Many many happy miles ahead, this is one fantastic car.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Congratulations on the car guruprasad. :)

OT:- By any chance do you work for Oracle?
  9. Congrats Guruprasad. Many many happy miles ahead.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

USB songs can be played which I think internally uses blue n me feature. But playing song via Bluetooth isn't possible based on my tries.