1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grande Punto 90 HP - 2013 Refresh (Minimal Grey)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by guruprasad, Jul 13, 2013.

1. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    I am proud owner of Grande Punto 90 HP (2013 – Refresh, Minimal Grey). Last week I got the delivery.

This is my second car and my personal choice to own GP is in another thread : My requirements

Thanks to TFI members for there valuable suggestions.
    Mr. Adit and Ganesh B.C (SA) very helpful for ontime delivery of vehicle.
    Special thanks to J Ravi sir, for his guidance on PDI, and clearing all my doubts before opting for FIAT.

PDI : 02-Jul-2013
    Exterior : All satisfied except chrome handle, body colored handle would have been good, but everyone in our home was happy with it.
    Engine Compartment: Surprised to see the engine assembly for its quality of material used (felt : This is what i am looking for !).
    Interiors : except CD and USB (I didn't had CD and pen drive to test) everything was good.
    Other Items : Didn't had Floor mats, but SA said it will be given at the time of delivery.
    The Drive : Started the engine (was eager to rev it up and have a long ride). But didn't had a chance to do it was drizzling during PDI.

Till now i have driven 218 KM,

City ride : Takes up pot holes and unscientific speed breakers smoothly though there was a Thud sound at the rear suspension, no bumpy inside the car.
    Highway ride : Real fun comes here

Every one who has driven FIAT knows what it is. I am enjoying every bit of driving my GP (Grande Punto).

Pros : Fiat really built like a tanker.
    • Suspension is best among hatch back segment (Compared to all other B+ hatch back)
    • Variable Geometry turbo, most of the time i never felt turbo kicked it and i am in higher RPM (as compared to Fixed Geometry turbo)
    • Sturdy built, Dynamic design of body to withstand higher speed driving which enforce greater stability
    • NVH factor is less compared to competitor
    Cons :
    • Interior finishing and its material quality
    • Rear seat, 3rd occupant is bit cramped

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/21OLp/embed"></iframe>
    7 people like this.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Congrats Guruprasad on getting ur 90 hp Delivered to you..You wrote a great review about your car nice..:cool:90 hp has chrome handles to differentiate it from regular 75 hp Punto from side...body coloured handles look good but chrome handles are classy and look elegant on Punto..:upin 1 pic ur 90 hp's right rear tyre was full of mud..why??
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes on becoming a proud owner of a precious Punto, guruprasad. I wish you many thousands of miles with smiles in your Punto. :) Go through the owner's handbook thoroughly and get conversant with the umpteen number of features of your Linea. FIATs have many hidden features not explained even in the owner's handbook! Visit this wonderful thread for complete list of hidden features: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/faqs-upda...inea-punto-did-you-know-series-63.html#post72 Explore and enjoy your Punto. :)
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Guruprasad,

Congratulations on the 90 HP scorcher:up. Easily the best looking hatch in the segment and is aptly called the beauty with brains. The colour looks good on the car.

Totally agree with you for the cons listed, I am sure these would be the deterent when it comes to driving the "chota bheem" of the hatchbacks.:D

Wish you many more mile crunching and drive safely.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    congratulations buddy.
  6. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    There was rain past 3 days before PDI in Bangalore and the stock yard is not having tar or concrete road. Most of the other vehicles also had the same mud in their tyre.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Guru,
    The ODO pic is taken @Stockyard during PDI or after taking home after delivery? If @Stockyard, and if i were u, would be a bit curious on the ODO reading.
    Also i hope you got the HU Remote.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  8. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    @zenwalker,
    While PDI the ODO reading was 20 KM and while delivery it was 30 KM. Yes i have the HU remote.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    These kht guys cant even get a tar or concrete road for stocking new cars..they have started Exclusive Fiat Caffe but still same stockyard for Tata Fiat cars..they should get a new stockyard for Fiat cars..
  10. guruprasad

guruprasad Novizio

Bangalore
    Suggestions please :
    - Do i need to maintain a threshold speed or RPM during initial period of time ? (let say 2000 Km or so)
    - considering to have under body coating and paint sealant from 3M (HSR would be nearest to my home and office), am i missing something here.
    - suggested cover "Tyvek" from TFI, where i can buy this (online or local stores in Bangalore)
    - not satisfied for stock mats. Thought of buying separate , SA suggested to get 3D mats at Hot tracks, Victoria road, but its bit pricy 8k+, is it worth buying. or any other alternative.