1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grande Punto 2.0 (Bossa Nova White)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by MattJ, Jan 6, 2013.

1. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @arunprasad thanks :) was going for the subtle look

@thomman85 this is the only snap i could find from the old days

IMG-20120926-WA000.jpg
  2. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    UPDATE:
    Something just wasn't complete on my GP....and as my friends rightly pointed out and what I felt too was that the rear view mirror caps lacked the Ooomph!...So i added that oomph and I sure am satisfied...:)
    IMG_0292 (Large).jpg

Took her to Vandiperiyar this weekend ( a town in Idukki district, Kerala), to a family friend's estate. Dad and I went away for the weekend and while driving through these small towns, people would turn around and look twice...Anyway, while driving up the hills, you get these irritating blokes ( read taxi drivers and truck drivers and the infamous transport bus drivers) either ahead of you driving slow or not letting you overtake or behind you with the highbeams on. Anyway halfway up the hills there is this one fellow who is constantly on his highbeams and tailgating me. Now i was at an idle speed but i hate these arrogant fellows who keep their highs on and try to overtake. Night driving courtesy you neanderthal! So I dont let him pass, I can't make out what sort of car it is. So I confess I am not an expert at 'ghat driving'. So i got at a more idle speed and dad was saying i am not shifting gears properly. And I was taking it far too easily and we could see him edge past us, dad says dont bother, downshifting as its too late. He just say's that and then see's its a damn tata indigo. ( My dad is a fellow FIAT lover like me, he has a Palio 1.9D) He was angry then at having that fellow overtake us, he told me " you are only using 20% of the FIAT's capability, whereas that fellow is using his car's max, he's used to driving through the hills while you arent. Stop someplace and i'll show you some proper hill driving." So we stop and switch seats. A dozen vehicles pass us, and after 5 mts we are on our way. And then my dad takes my GP and drives it like he would on a plain road, cornering like we were on some race track, mind you we are hills and he's doing nothing less that 60-70kmph constantly. We also joke in between that mum aint on this trip or she would have been horrified. We zoom past all the cars that overtook and and I am on the look out for our 'friend'. I spot his car couple of cars ahead...and 10 mts later we zoom past him. He didn't even expect this nor see us coming. So for the next 15 odd kms we have him try to overtake us, needless to say, he just couldnt barely keep up with the dust trail we left. Learned a lesson that night, make use of your car to the max, 100%...know her, understand her and dont let the terrain change how you use her. She's a FIAT...nothing changes for her...:)
    5 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Seriously why dont FIAT launch the abarth version (design) in india. People would just fall for it. Nevertheless you car makeover is stunning. Looks like you added red mirror caps. What was the cost ?
    Please post more pics of the beauty with Red ears in broad bright day light too :D
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @zenwalker thanks mate :)...i just had it painted red ( same red as polo's red), just cost 250 bucks for having it done ( same place where i had my paint-job done)...
    more coming...was in a hurry while with dad on this trip :p...
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  5. my silver punto is a 2009 car.Though i ve repaired any dents scratches as soon as they occur,the silver is different in each panel.I want a proper shade all over.So kindly tell me the cost involved for your car and the place where u got this done in kochi.I dont mind getting it done there rather than chennai.
  6. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    That's really cheaper MattJ....

I have spent 600 for the same in ASS. The color is formula red.
  7. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    @vigneshram had it done here
    Bosch - Cochin
    total cost came to 13k. Incl a wax job.
    @rishike007 definitely!
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Please post few close up pics from the side angle. Need to see how Abarth sticker and the red ears fit in. I am a bit confused to go for tbe bigger abarth side stickers or the one you have when i soon get the car. :confused
  9. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Really, one of the cleanest Punto here. Iam in love with your Punto MattJ, awesome !! Those white alloys are looking just fab. Love each bit of it !! :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. MattJ

MattJ

Kochi
    sorry zenwalker for the late reply...btw IMHO keep it thin..infact a lil more thinner than what i've done....that will be perfect. Thicker sticker would be an eyesore i feel, thats why i kept it as close to the actual reference abarth pic.
    punto.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

thanks sunswape! :)...
    1 person likes this.