1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GP 1.3 MJD 75HP BNW Dynamic, First Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ratish, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Congrats on your new car...:clap

- - - Merged Post - - -

For Punto you need to find an ideal sitting position,once you find it you will simply love it...Honestly I hate the seat in Swift(old ones ofcourse),to increase the comfort had go for leather and lots of padding,but still its not even close to the Punto OEM seats..Maybe if you get it stitched with some soft padding and under thigh support it will be perfect...
  2. ratish

ratish Timido

Today while i was overtaking a biker on the bypass road, an indica from opposite did not give way and his ORVM hit mine. The impact left some black paint from his ORVM on my ORVM Cap and my mirror is cracked but nothing came off. I believe his ORVM should have cracked and the mirror got crumble( if he had ).
    I did handle the car while overtaking the same way i used to do with my swift, but I feel punto needs more steering rotation in advance than for swift to change track.

Checked with the SA for a spare mirror and he confirmed availability and cost of Rs 250 for mirror.
  3. ratish

ratish Timido

Posting some snaps of my punto.

IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0007.JPG

- - - Merged Post - - -

Posting snaps on the damage.

Photo0004.jpg Photo0003.jpg

IMG_0012.JPG
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey ratish,
    Are you the same ratish working in infy, sriram's friend? Didnt we meet up a couple of times , even during the absolute edition's launch at mohandas? you got the car immediately after that?
    sry i noticed your thread only now, n sad to see the beauty bruised. This has happened to me umpteen number of times, glad i m having black mirrors n is scratch proof :p . Those mirror's alone costs 158Rs only, bought one for a friend a couple of months back as his glass also got shattered by a bike !!

Very good decision you made by changing the tires on the day of delivery itself, you get the max, and there is a world of difference in the way the ride composure is .Which one did you opt for?

Full beige interiors get dirty so fast and the glare you get on the glass during day time is blinding and irritating. Look at the i10 for ref. I prefer full black for its sporty feel n look. grz customs and htrz customs are doing this job of changing dash colour.

The second gear is bad in punto, but it ll get a lot better after first service n even better after 15k oil change, but not as gud as swift's second cog. But this makes us shift to third quickly which is a very versatile gear to drive in all conditions n aids in better mileage..
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  5. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Thats precisely why even I asked in my first reply to this thread about Ratish's location? Coz i know of a Ratish from Infy, Pune though. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  6. ratish

ratish Timido

Yes Varun. I am the same ratish working at infy and sriram's friend. I was able to remove black paint mark on my ORVM with a scrub using cotton cloth. Will replace the mirror when I visit kulathunkal for fitting the absolute kit. Felt like giving the car to service center frequently for such small issues is not good for car as I am well aware how carelessly they are treated inside the work area.

I had blocked Michellin XM1+ or XM2 185/70/ R14 at Tyre plaza before car delivery but they couldn't hold it for long as my delivery date got postponed due to the switch from mohandas to kulathunkal( why I switched? will post my purchase experience soon ). So chose Bridgestone Potenza GIII 185/70/R14. The tyres are performing well on potholes but a slight noisy on road due the large blocks pattern thread.
  7. ratish

ratish Timido

Hi Friends

My punto has now clocked 2500 KM and the car is performing well without any rattles. The engine has opened up now and Instant Consumption is now indicating mostly 20 - 30 KM/L as per my driving style in open road(With A/C at level 1 or 2). Average consumption is coming around 17 KM/L in MDI and Full tank to full tank measure is giving the value as 16 KM/L. The driving is 50% city and and 50 % highway but least bumber to bumber traffic. 2nd gear has become slightly usable now in slow moving but still requires some clutch press to avoid engine halt at second gear on inclination.

So the car has kept me happy and I don't miss my swift any more. Only thing which is keeping me worried is regarding the after sale customer car from fiat. My car was delivered on Oct 20th( almost a month ago ) and was informed that absolute kit will arrive in 15 days. But till now the kit has not arrived. Dealers are claiming that they have ordered the kit on the day of delivery itself but fiat is yet to dispatch. Wrote this to Mangesh Kodalkar( Fiat ) several times but no response. Now I am afraid, will this same lethargy continue in case of any spare to be ordered with fiat. Now I am helpless, unable to decide what to be done at this situation. Any pointers to resolve this ?? I feel its not the dealer always culprit of such a delayed response but the manufacturer itself.

@Mods, please change title to "My GP 1.3 MJD 75HP BNW Dynamic 2012, @ 2500 KM".
  8. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    My absolute kit was fixed right on the day of delivery. Probably your dealer doesn't maintain stock. Try calling fiat customer care instead of mailing.
    1 person likes this.
  9. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    My Absolute kit also fitted at the time of delivery and as per my request the absolute badge was given to me to fix it at my wish.
    1 person likes this.
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    FYI, Dhans4all and I took delivery from the same dealer.
    2 people like this.