1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GP 1.3 MJD 75HP BNW Dynamic, First Ownership Review

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by ratish, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ratish

ratish Timido

Got my Grande punto delivered on 20th October 2012 and by now it has clocked 1400 KM. Had prepared a detailed purchase description which I will post later.
    Mine is a 1.3 MJD 75HP, BNW Dynamic variant (absolute edition).
    Let me put down the likes and dislikes so far
    1. Strong built.
    2. Grabs attention with its cute look.
    3. Perfect design. ( No afterthoughts in this car ).
    4. Driveable gear ratio in city in this variant(2012).
    5. No gear slippage so far.( I had this problem with my swift in second gear some times while cornering at low speed. Reverse gear in swift mostly required another
    clutch press after a release to engage ).
    6. The instrument and controls are laid out well.( prefect design).
    7. Mature road manners and dynamics.
    8. Superb handling and braking.
    9. Steering wheel is a great design and the hydraulic steering feedback is precise.
    10.Ride comfort: Will never make the passengers uncomfortable be it the most bad roads.
    11.Very Stable at high speed and cornering.
    12.Interior quality: Improved and moreover strong and durable.
    13. Cabin Noise: The cabin is super silent when compared to my swift diesel (2009). No rattling noise so far.
    14. Boot Space: Sufficient for a family of 4. Now I can carry two gas cylinders than 1 in my swift. :)
    15. Cabin Theatre lighting, Chiller A/C, soft touch button controls for headlamp level, fog lamps, illuminated controls, etc gives a very pleasant experience.
    16. Front fog lamps are so perfect and bright that you can sometimes drive without headlamps on but just the fog lamps.

Dislikes/ Area of Improvement
    1. Driver seat ergonomics has not suited my 5'10" profile. Swift seat hugs much better and supports my body better.
    2. The metal sheets at the lower front side portion of the front doors feels not pressed and hence lacks the solid feel at this portion. Any reason why this portion is made so?
    3. Similarly the front portion of the bonnet also felt not pressed and could be easily pushed down if you press hard.
    4. Skinny JK tyres for Active and Dynamic variant and meaty 195" profile for emotion variant is unfair. Active and Dynamic variant deserves the 175" profile.( Had to upgrade
    tyres to 185" on the day of purchase itself ).
    5. Beige interior could have been tried out from fiat. The grey interior is durable but does not give a posh feel.
    6. Reverse light is insufficient to aid rear visibility. In my swift the reverse lights were bright enough to make rear objects visible.
    7. Windscreen washer nozzles are not evenly spraying and wiper blades are fading fast. Just replaced the stock one and this also have started fading.
    8. 2nd gearing is too short and not quick in city driving to take speed. But 3rd gear is versatile.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Congratulations Ratish and welcome aboard! Where are you from? There is a Fiat factory coming up in Dec, in case you havent noticed that thread. Waiting for your purchase description with photos of your GP!
  3. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Congrats Ratish, Welcome to TFI and please post a lot of pictures of the BNW beauty. :)
  4. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

congrats on your BNW punto, I too got my BNW emotion absolute on oct 17th and done 930kms so far.
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Less than 1500 KM's and you are already on your 2nd set. Was it replaced under warranty?
  6. shanmugam

shanmugam Amatore

Congrats ... post pics of your punto....
  7. ratish

ratish Timido

The wiper was replaced on the second day of delivery itself. So the set was replaced without any paperwork and cost.

Will post the pic today itself

The absolute Kit is yet to arrive. Had been following up since last Friday. Today when checked, the SA and his manager is saying it will take another week to come. So its almost 18 days from the date of order and with 1 more week it would cross 24 days of waiting. Hope this would'nt happen with the spares as well. :(
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Ratish welcome to TFI....
    What a co-incident, the day you got your punto on the same day I celebrated my punto's first birthday.....:)

But I am amazed after seeing your dislike about the driver seat.
    I am also 5.10
    But I like the seating comfort of the driving seat. No issues regarding it after crossing 28K plus kilometers in it.

The seats of the Puntos are the best in this class segment. Infact we do have the new Swifts, Polos in our family. But why these guys drives my Punto they used to say all the time that the drving comfort they are getting in Punto is not matchig with any of the others.....

Enjoy driving & keep posting your views on TFI..... :)
  9. ratish

ratish Timido

I was using 2009 model swift before having punto. The driver seat was soft and were more supportive than punto and driving position was apt.
  10. venka

venka BANNED

I came across this issues , I did a DIY. Take Safety Pin insert it in the washer nozzles adjust them. By doing this way My problem got resolved.