1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear arnab..let me know what is missing ..;)

Thx..Surya

- - - Merged Post - - -

I never knew anything about this not in ads, not in paper, not in Television its not the people's car, not the super car but the one car i saw and then fell in love with it.. i never regret my decision to drive this at first and then could not pull myself out of it..the madness and chillness in veins made me addicted to a fever called FIAT.. :)
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino

Fiat S.p.A. Fiat
    Type Società per azioni
    Traded as BIT: F
    Industry Automotive
    Media
    Founded 11 July 1899 in Turin, Italy
    Founder(s) Giovanni Agnelli
    Headquarters Turin, Italy
    Key people John Elkann (Chairman), Sergio Marchionne (CEO)
    Products Automobiles, commercial vehicles, auto parts, newspapers, production systems
    Production output 2,046,060 units (automobiles and LCVs, 2011)
    Revenue Increase €59.559 billion (2011)
    Operating income Increase €3.336 billion (2011)
    Profit Increase €1.334 billion (2011)
    Total assets Increase €80.031 billion (end 2011)
    Total equity Decrease €12.260 billion (end 2011)
    Employees 137,800 (end 2010)
    Subsidiaries

Fiat S.p.A., (Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino) (Italian Automobile Factory of Turin), is an Italian automobile manufacturer based in Turin. Fiat was founded in 1899 by a group of investors including Giovanni Agnelli. During its more than a century long history, Fiat has also manufactured railway engines and carriages, military vehicles, and aircraft. As of 2009, the Fiat group (not inclusive of its subsidiary Chrysler) was the world's ninth largest carmaker and the largest in Italy.

Fiat-based cars are built around the world. Outside Italy, the largest country of production is Brazil, where the Fiat brand is the market leader. The group also has factories in Argentina and Poland and a long history of licensing production of its products in other countries. It also has numerous alliances and joint ventures around the world, the main ones being located in Italy, France, Turkey, Serbia, India and China.

Giovanni Agnelli founded F.I.A.T. in 1899 (changed to upper- and lower-case Fiat in 1906) with several investors and led the company until his death in 1945, while Vittorio Valletta administered the firm's daily activities. Its first car the 3 ½ CV (of which only eight copies were built, all bodied by Alessio of Turin) strongly resembled contemporary Benz, and had a 697 cc (42.5 cu in) boxer twin engine. In 1903, Fiat produced its first truck. In 1908, the first Fiat was exported to the US.The same year, the first Fiat aircraft engine was produced. Also around the same time, Fiat taxis became popular in Europe.By 1910, Fiat was the largest automotive company in Italy — a position it has retained since.

That same year, a plant licensed to produce Fiats in Poughkeepsie, NY, made its first car. Owning a Fiat at that time was a sign of distinction. The cost of a Fiat in the US was initially $4,000 and rose up to $6,400 in 1918, compared to $ 825 for a Ford Model T in 1908, and $ 525 in 1918, respectively. Upon the entry of the US into World War I in 1917, the factory was shut down as US regulations became too burdensome. At the same time, Fiat had to devote all of its factories to supplying the Allies with aircraft, engines, machine guns, trucks, and ambulances. After the war, Fiat introduced its first tractor, the 702 By the early 1920s, Fiat had a market share in Italy of 80%.

Corso Dante plant
    Lingotto factory (1928)
    Advertisement, 1939
    Mirafiori plant
    Lingotto factory (today)

In 1922, Fiat began to build the famous Lingotto car factory — then the largest in Europe — which opened in 1923. It was the first Fiat factory to use assembly lines; by 1925, Fiat controlled 87% of the Italian car market. In 1928, with the 509, Fiat included insurance in the purchase price.

Fiat made military machinery and vehicles during World War II for the Army and Regia Aeronautica and later for the Germans. Fiat made obsolete fighter aircraft like the biplane CR.42, which was one of the most common Italian aircraft, along with Savoia-Marchettis, as well as light tanks and armoured vehicles. The best Fiat aircraft was the G.55 fighter, which arrived too late and in too limited numbers. In 1945 — the year Mussolini was overthrown — the National Liberation Committee removed the Agnelli family from leadership roles in Fiat because of its ties to Mussolini's government. These were not returned until 1963, when Giovanni's grandson, Gianni, took over as general manager until 1966, as chairman until 1996.

Agnelli's grandson Gianni Agnelli was Fiat's chairman from 1966 until 1996, he then served as honorary chairman from 1996 until his death on 24 January 2003, during which time Cesare Romiti served as chairman. Until their removal, Paolo Fresco served as chairman and Paolo Cantarella as CEO. Umberto Agnelli then took over as chairman from 2003 to 2004. After Umberto Agnelli's death on 28 May 2004, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo was named chairman, with Agnelli heir John Elkann becoming vice chairman (at the age of 28), and other family members also serving on the board. At this point, CEO Giuseppe Morchio resigned, and Sergio Marchionne was named to replace him on 1 June 2004.

In September 2010, shareholders approved a plan to split Fiat's capital goods businesses from the group. Agricultural and construction equipment manufacturer CNH Global NV, truck maker Iveco, and the industrial and marine division of Fiat Powertrain Technologies were spun off into a new group on 1 January 2011. The parent company, Fiat Industrial S.p.A., was listed on the Milan stock exchange on no. 3 January 2011.
    2 people like this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am spending more time in my punto these days.. :)
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i now realize the wordings 'Sabar ka pal meeta hota hai' i listened to my dad last year FEB 2011 not to go for another second hand one and started saving as much as i could to afford the car of my dreams finally it happened on jun 2012 on my birthday.. Tnx a lot my dad, my wify, my sis and mom for supporting and helping me get my dream car :clapping
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    1)maruthi 800 2004-2006 48000kms ( learnt driving in it)

DSC01177-1.jpg

2)TATA Indica DLs 2006 - 2010 124000kms (most of the driving happened in it)

DSC00330.JPG

3) maruti Wagon R 2010 - 11000kms

wagonr.jpg

4)maruti 800 2006 - 43000kms (my peppy car love it till today)

DSC_0073-1.jpg

5)Hyundai santro 2010 - 45000kms (much fun to drive..)
    DSCN1040.JPG
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Yesterday going back from office.. in a narrow street near malleshwaram a old white maruti 800 brushed my car's right side ORVM :-( i tried as much to avoid the vehicle but the fellow didn't stop for my hand signal and rushed in through i avoided the entire part getting brushed but the mirror got a white patch.. :A
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In city driving, Side OVRMs are most prone to damages. I can imagine the plight on Malleshwaram narroe roads! :eek: Have to say Punto's OVRM are rock solid. It has withstood many abuses in my car. Dont bother much about it. Just wipe it clean and polish it. It will reduce the patch visibility...
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am glad to have a car like this.. i daily drive with my wify in the evening back home its a delight to sit in sound proof cabin no noise from outside while i am all busy with the traffic with honks and loud noise moving .. music playing in with Ac on. slowly my wify sleeps .. No disturbance or shaking bumps even on the patchy roads.. Thanks a lot my punto you make my day!
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I truly agree with you friend! Many times its Punto which has saved me from irritations on the road - be it bad traffic, or horrible road manners by others etc
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You should have stopped right in front of him and asked him to back off, as you were signalling him from long..... These Dumb guys need to be given a good session.

I will narrate what happen to me last year when i was back home.
    I was driving a two way road and i missed the right turn and went straight as i was new to that area. I saw on my rear view that there are no vehicles behind me and also no vehicle coming in the opposite direction, so i took sharp U-Turn to return back, as the turning radius is bigger i need to back off bit and again turn so that i will not drive on the off road while turning, As i was backing off, i saw a desire speeding and coming towards me and flashing his lights, I was like what is this F&&&&ng guy upto,...
    He came close to my door and started honking, I could not control myself, I Got out of my car and asked him whats the issue, He said move your car i want to go, I said cant you see i am turning, and i said my car is not starting now, if you want to go you can go from down, As he went i followed him till i reached my missed lane with my lights flashing at him...........
    1 person likes this.