1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    ---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

[/COLOR]I got my car serviced today .. :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

First niggle (issue) after the First Service.. the driver side door was not locking properly also when i slide the glass down there was a loud noise.. i went and checked at the SC they found that the door latch spring/holder had fallen down due to somebody pulling the door handle hard when opening the door, though they refused to accept the fault from theirs promptly fixed it.. Tnx to SC guys

Second (missing) .. one of the center mats in the rear was missing they told it was not there at all..

Third (Dolls).. My little Stuart, teddy dolls turned black in color cause some crazy kid in the service bay played with it while doing the service..
  2. Hi Surya!

Nice to see an article on Fiat MJD Fuel Injection technology. I was wondering what a MultiJet system is. Many thanks for the details with graph. Look forward to see more information on this subject. By the way Punto 1.3MJD has 2003 or 2009 technology? Plz. let us know.
  3. Hi Guys!

Yesterday (21st Oct - Sunday) I had been to Nandi hills with my 4 months old Punto 1.3MJD Dynamic. Weather was cloudy and it was much cooler on the top of hill. I did not carry my camera as the trip was not a planned one. This was first time I drove a diesel car to climb a hill. As I climbed up, curves became steeper. I was behind a Maruti 800 with 5 persons and it was struggling to negotiate curves. The thought of Maruti 800 stopping in between or rolling backwards scared me lot. No such things happened. However my car stopped three times at curves while cutting down the speed to not to go closer to the car in front of me. I was so tensed up while starting again and moving on to the 1st gear. I had to take the car slightly backwards from steep curve before starting again. Fortunately there were no vehicles behind me. I felt Punto did not develop enough power on 2nd gear. Steep curves were covered using 1st gear. One time engine got choked as I wrongly shifted the gear to 4th instead of 2nd from 3rd. I want to know from other Punto owners if they had similar experience. I would also thank if any of you could give some tips on how to execute steep curves (climbing hills) with Punto.
    Once I reached the top, I was surprised to see a couple of 3 wheelers (Piaggio Ape) which made there way to the top. I was happy to spot a few Fiat cars on top (Palio, Linea & Punto) on the top. Coming down from the hill was effortless. Thanks to the extremely good braking system in Punto.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Omlur :
    Its Multijet I in 2003 which got recognized in 2006 the 2009 is the Multijet II
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Savandurga pics..
    DSCN1566.jpg DSCN1567.jpg DSCN1622.jpg DSCN1623.jpg DSCN1654.jpg DSCN1690.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. Hi Surya,

Nice pictures. Punto TW looks really good with the background. Pl. indicate how far is Savandurga from B'lore and which direction. Like to know your driving experience to that place.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Savandurga is a hill 60 km west of Bangalore (Karnataka, India) off the Magadi road 12°55′11″N 77°17′34″E / 12.919654°N 77.292881°E / 12.919654; 77.292881, in India. The hill is considered to be among the largest monolith hills in Asia. The hill rises to 1226 m above mean sea level and forms a part of the Deccan plateau. It consists of peninsular gneiss, granites, basic dykes and laterites. The Arkavathi river passes nearby through the Thippagondanahalli reservoir and on towards Manchanabele dam. There is a Temple of Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy, where there is an Idol of Lord Narasimha has been worshipped for many generations.

you can refer to this link for details.. Dawn to Dusk (savandurga + manchinabele) with photos - Team-BHP
    1 person likes this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Removed OEM lamps .. looks !

2012-10-27 13.31.04.jpg

:dance:dance:dance

2012-10-27 13.30.53.jpg

2012-10-27 13.31.08.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Fresh look

2012-10-28 12.11.57.jpg

:dance :dance :dance

2012-10-28 12.11.56.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  10. Your car looks good with out the fog lights,but still something is missing(not sure what)...
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012