1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am planning to go to Vecto as its near to my office i have booked a slot for this Friday 3rd Jan, hope everything goes fine this time..
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Today visited Vecto Motors in the morning my appointment was at 9:10 could reach there by 9.30 was told to park the vehicle in the dead end area is slightly cramped with little space to move around as parking space is open all cars parked there were full of dust and dirt. No body to address went to reception was asked to wait finally at 10:15 SA dayanand took my case and checked the vehicle and prepared the job card, hope will get it today itself by evening..
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I got call from SA telling that the Brake pads have worn out and needs replacement, Can anybody tell what is the life span of a OEM Brake Pad and how often it has to be changed. i had changed brake pads during my last service at 15k interval..
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    20140104_195041.jpg 20140103_181330.jpg 20140104_195014.jpg 20140104_195035.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Overall Service was satisfactory will post experience in detail ..
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Did you check the condition of old brake pads? there is no thumb rule for life span of brake pads. it depends hugely on driving style/conditions.

Looking at your last replacement at 15k, this replacement also seems ok unless last time also you replaced without checking on their suggestion without any symptoms;)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    With full oil change and brake pad set, bill seems ok.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Engine oil seems a bit high priced. I paid around 1.5k at Ramkay for 3.2L of Selenia WR 5W40.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My Happiness didn't last after the service as yesterday night my neighbor who parks his old FORD IKON next to me brushed my car's bumper and banged the left door when opening his door, i brought this to his notice in the morning but he played innocence telling that he didn't do it and i have banged the car somewhere in accident.. :-(
  9. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surya,

Fill extremely :sad: to hear about your Punto .

You might be feeling :chair: or :hit for your neighbor.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surya, sorry to hear such an incident. When will people learn to accept! But, there should be traces of IKON's paint on your Punto and vice versa right?

Off late, SAs say its as per Fiat's requirement, brake pads have to be changed every 15k kms :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014