1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am traveling this Saturday out of country have left the car at home and came to office in Activa today, planning to give a wash and polish clean up the car as its dirty because of rains will cover it up for the duration, any other care to be taken please suggest..
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    1. Don't engage the handbrake; instead slot the first gear if your Punto faces upward/level ground; reverse gear, if facing downward slope

2. Put a wooden wedge or stone at both the sides of a wheel

3. Steer to the extreme right or left

4. Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery

5. Keep the tyre pressure at 42 psi
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If possible fill Nitrogen instead of Air. I filled 35 PSI Nitrogen in my car and was standing stationary for 8 months. When I checked the pressure after 8 months, it was at 20. :)
    3 people like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ravi sir, can you please tell me Y to Steer to the extreme right or left.....
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    On a slope, if the steering is straight forward, the car might roll away in neutral or slippage of gears. If it is steered to the extreme right or left, the car will turn, dash against the curb and stop instead of rolling away.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Forgot to mention: keep both the windscreen wipers out of contact with the glass, i.e., perpendicular to the windscreen.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its nice to see punto's, Panda, 500, bravo, Alfa romeo, Ferrari's in the streets of Germany i am happy when ever i see a punto on the street..
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    20130925_175534.jpg 20130925_183542.jpg 20130928_150114.jpg 20130928_150138.jpg 20130930_180015.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys my punto is nearing 25k kms and 1year 4months old and i am planning to get it serviced this time but slight confusion as i had got the first service done at 15k kms is it the second service or third service now, when i tried to book the call the lady said that it should be third service and not second service. Service interval is 15,30,45,60 or 5,15,25..? please advise..