1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is one thing I tell every occupant in my car to be careful while ingress and egress. During initial days of my Punto, my friend hurt his fingers. He din apply enough force to open the door and the door rebounded. He was like 'Man, with similar amount of force, my Maruti's door would have flung open fully'. After, this incident at times will be extra careful, especially when aged people and kids are getting in and out of the car, because most of them won't be aware of 3 stage door mechanism and the heaviness of the doors. Wish you a speedy recovery
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As we have a long weekend on the eve of Ramzan next weekend i am planning to weekend trip to either Pondicherry or Rameshwaram/Dhanushkodi but still i have to look in for leave as its working day for customer and has a migration planned during that time.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I have finalized Rameshwaram and have started planning for the trip, guys request your guidance in planning route by road Blore-Ramshrm, important places to visit there timings and accommodation.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Is this the right time/season to travel to this place?
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    my travel stands cancelled as leave is not approved working on ramzan.. :-(
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am now firm on traveling to this place and have decided to make it with dates -10 Aug - 13 Aug, Accommodation arranged, NH7 will be the route still planning for the D-Day.. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I am travelling out of country for couple of weeks now worried how to take care of my beloved punto as i park it in open space..:-(
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    couple of weeks is no problem at all surya :) nothing will happen to your punto. even i park mine in open space and have left it like that for 2-3 weeks few times when going out of station. If you want little bit of extra care and have the time and energy, waxing it before leaving might help you.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I visited Seebi Narasimhaswamy temple near tumkur and Devarayanadurga last saturday 31-Aug-2013 in my punto. It was raining in the morning while we drove till tumkur after crossing the rain was not there a hot day through out. Its a nice temple to visit built with stones which is now rerepaired to bring back to its old glory the manatapa was also built recently. Seebi is a village in Sira Taluk in Tumkur district. It is 24 kms from Tumkur District and 24 km from Sira at the center of these two places is this small temple. Seebi formerly known as Sibur and Harihararayapura, an small agrahara village. It has a big stone temple of Narasimhaswamy. The image of Lord Narasimha in the temple is in the form of a saligrama. The ten avataras of Vishnu, the leelas of Shiva and the scenes from the Ramayana and Mahabharata are painted on the beams and ceilings of the temple though attention/restoration of these is yet to be taken up. These paintings appear to be of the latter part of the 18th century A.D. caused to be drawn by one Nallappa, an officer under Tipu sultan ruler of Mysore. They are contemporaneous to the paintings at Srirangapattana, as it was last saturday of the auspicious season there was fest with lots of people visiting the temple on the day. we continued onwards from there to Devarayanadurga a hill station near tumkur again, The rocky hills are surrounded by forests and the hilltops are dotted with several temples including the Yoganarasimha and the Bhoganarasimha temples at an altitude of 3940 feet. It is also famous for Places like Namada Chilume a place where History says that once lord Rama with sita and laxmana wondering into the forests at this point in order to apply for tilaka on his forehead he needed water and with the help of his bow and arrow created a small spring of water which was later came to be known as namada chilume , a natural spring considered sacred and is also considered the origin of the Jayamangali river.

74_big.jpg
    250px-.JPG
    1 person likes this.