1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Surya,

Since you are going for the OEM alloys, there should be no need for another set of bolts. The existing ones should suffice as per my knowledge.
    I would suggest to get the wheel allignment and balancing done once the alloys are fitted if you are not going to use the current setup for longer KMs before changing to alloys.
    Are your tyre/rubber 15", as the alloys would be 15" you might want to check on this!!

I guess Ravi (Mod) had done a similar change, he could help you with first hand details :)
    All the best
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Surya,

I too have a Active Punto and Changed the stock tyres to OEM alloys. The bolts are the same you dont need to get the new ones.
    Request you to do the Wheel Balancing and alignment during fitting them in the car.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Thanks Raj and Bharath, Alloys are on its way from trivandrum will reach Bangalore by Monday,

@Raj - i am getting alloys with tyres (" APOLLO ACELERE 195/60R15) which has run 15000 kms as of now. i plan to fit it as such and run it another 5-10 k and plan to upgrade it to Yokohama s.

@Bharath - i will take it to the tyre shop get the wheel balancing, alignment done

Am also planning to give away my stock steel wheels with JK tyres may go for as low as 4.5k or so
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Ravi, Could you put your experience in fitting the alloys, i stay in banashankari area could you suggest me good tyre shop who will do painting of hubs, and fixing the alloys.

Note: Do i need to procure hub rings or its fine without these.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OEM alloys wont need the hub rings, it would be a perfect fit.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Received Alloys yesterday evening from Absal, will visit the tyre clinic this week for fitment
    2 people like this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi guys, couldn't wait for the excitement went to Hercules tyres in Ring road banashankari for fitment,

on opening the packed wheels i noticed that the (APOLLO ACELERE 195/60R15) tyres were bad as the lining was gone as already informed, i could only use it for another 500kms only. So., got new shoes for my beauty yokohomas 195/60R15 with OEM alloys.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Total Cost incurred :
    1. Alloys - 25k
    2. Transportation + local handling = 3k + 0.6K
    3. Yokohomas C drive 195/60/15 - 5.5K * 4 = 22k
    4. Wheel balancing + Alignment + Nitrogen + hub painting + fitment = 1.3 K
    Total cost = 51900 /-

Wow, now i feel the real difference, butter smooth handling it feels much lighter than earlier. will post the pics soon..
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Surya!

The Punto certainly looks good with the OEM alloys. BTW, where are the pics? :)

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Pics.. (was taken in dark will post some more in day light soon)
    Mobile 375.jpg Mobile 377.jpg Mobile 372.jpg Mobile 369.jpg

Mobile 370.jpg
    2 people like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Surya, OEM alloys have really enhanced the looks of your Punto :up For some reason, I feel that OEM alloys suits the best....