1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    26-12-12 Wednesday
    We started early in the morning at 6:00 AM as i had got the car checked at TASS previous day only, started from Banashankari House towards Tumkur road and continued onto the Tumkur highway until the second toll gate took left from there towards Tiptur the stretch was though not much good after few minutes road was good with curved stretch two way single lane all the way, Punto could take it with ease at curves and negotiating trucks or slow moving vehicles was bit tiring at some places, as it was early in the morning my parents deferred to have breakfast at any of the Kamat's on the Tumkur highway so after that i stopped at Hotel Mayura not so good hotel but decent one to have breakfast proceeded further on the way to Arsikere and then kadur tarikere and badravati on the way a new white swift ZDI joined the lane and started catching up with us tried several times all the way when we passed the car first time the slow pace of swift gained momentum and started following us all the way till Bhadravati, all were big and guys inside, the swift was disappearing often in my mirror and at last at one traffic junctions where i had to slow down for a bus ahead of me they moved from side and vanished in wink of an eye though after sometime again they were visible but now there was another Innova behind it and both were fighting for the road pushing hard on the stretches.

As i came nearer they would push hard to get away it was like a cat and mouse chase, by then i maintained constant speed 90-100 KMH as they were ahead of me but at one curve the Innova was almost
    about to hit a Ambulance coming in the opposite direction missed hitting and the drivers was like wet in his pants he slowed down a few yards and allowed me to move on as the swift was still swirling all the way it was defeated many times though was not ready to accept and moving along at last at one curve i missed it as they had moved straight instead of a left turn and were trying to take reverse after that i didn't see it in the mirror. we reached Shimoga city at 10:15 AM and passed through the busy city traffic roads as i passed at one circle a motorcycle with two guys came from left not stopping at my horn passed through with a miss.

I continued there on towards Sagar city with was around 70 kms and 100 Kms to Jog falls as it was the same two lane road again i saw a group of young guys in there 18-20s age in a old Wagon R excited to see my Punto guys behind were peeping out as i passed though them twice later they disappeared, a few Kilometers i drew alone and then suddenly i saw a red Swift coming close to me in a zigzag manner as if it had a break failure rushing from behind didn't notice the big size bumpers ahead and did a jump jump thud thud thud .. and moved fast at the curve. I could see them a few kilometers later at one point but lost them near Jog falls junction. Had good time at Jog falls not much water falling from the mountain rocks it was a good view spent some time took snaps and later had lunch at the Mayura KSTDC there and moved towards Honnavar.

As we passed through the Wild nature with curvy roads i slowed down and moved at 60-70 KMH speed took some snaps on the way of the natural scenes reached Honnavar city passed via Bhatkal and reached Murudeshwara by 5 PM in the evening.Halted there at the RNS Residency High way hotel, later at night i and my mom visited temple my dad was tired so didn't join us that evening we went to the temple entrance got into the tall Gopura lift which took us to the 18th floor of the building saw sunset came down and visited temple returned back to hotel and rested for the day.

27-12-12 Thursday
    Next day morning as my dad wanted to visit temple so we went there saw sunrise from the seashore did a quick dharshan and had breakfast at seaside hotel later went to beach had good time there took some snaps and then started to Gokarna on the way stopped at Idagunji Ganesha temple of bala Ganesh the idol specialty is its the only Ganesha with both the tusks. Later we proceeded towards Honnavar with few buses on the way reducing the speed took break at Honnavar Kamat reached Gokarna at 3:00 PM as the temple was closed and would open at 5:00 PM spent some time in the beach with my parents took snaps, went on Motor boat ride later in the evening went to temple did Dharshan later started towards Hubli. The roads were bit narrow till the Hubli Ankola junction with frequent stop overs for slow moving vehicles as i took diversion towards yellapur road was good but again curves all the way till Hubli it became dark by the time we reached Hubli it was 9:00 PM stopped at a good hotel near Chenamma Circle and moved ahead towards Gadag with little turn rounds at wrong directions inside Hubli. After few kilometers i could make out the road was patched up all the way i felt the turbulence effect we see in flights in my cabin long patchy patchy roads all the way with no signs for speed breakers nor paints on them.

Some how maintained steady speed of 60-80 KMH with a Scorpio behind he also followed me and did not dare to overtake with a patchy stretch tried a couple of times but with the bumpers coming in the way he slowed down and moved on the stretch. I continued to reach Koppal and finally to Hospet at 1:15 AM in the morning. After reaching Hospet city the hunt for hotel room started, almost all hotels were full because of the weekend and Christmas holidays almost all hotels were packed full i was at one point thinking of sleeping in the car then i could get hotel in Solitaire Inn, we halted there and took rest.

28-12-12 Friday
    Next day woke up late in the morning as we decided not to venture into Hampi city, an indica was booked for a day trip sight seeing at Hampi the guy took us to all places there spent the day in Hampi and rested for the day.

29-12-12 Saturday
    Next day morning we had breakfast and went to TB (Tungabhadra Dam) spent some time at the dam gates and moved ahead towards Chitradurga i waited patiently controlling the speed until Chitradurga and pressed hard at that point towards Sira - Tumkur had lunch at Kamat near Sira and reached Bangalore at 5:00 in the evening.
    3 people like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Surya, nice detailed write up :up

I have noticed this in all my long drives - when it comes to worst driving manners, trouble makers on a highway, driving in a zig-zag way 9/10 times it has to be Swift always! It appears like Swifts are driven by world's most immatured drivers :evilsmile

When I see Swifts & i20s trying to match a Fiat in high speeds, I feel pity for its rear occupants. What a torid time they would be having jumping up & down with sore backs :grin:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Today i got a call from Prerana Kudlu gate Bangalore asking for the Car health and the next service to be done, the lady told they will not be accepting FIAT vehicles after FEB and all service requests will be taken up by their FIAT ASS at singasandra
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    As myn is a TW Can anybody guide me how to remove scratches on the doors, bonnet and bumper will the rubbing compound work or Com paint spray.. pls advise
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Punto refresh.. 12800kms.. vinyl for the wiper area
    2013-01-27 10.21.32.jpg 2013-01-27 10.22.08.jpg 2013-01-27 10.22.14.jpg 2013-01-27 10.22.24.jpg 2013-01-27 10.21.40.jpg 2013-01-27 10.21.52.jpg 2013-01-27 10.21.57.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Blessed with Baby Girl yesterday 31-01-2013 .. :)
    6 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats man.

Rajan
  9. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome! another reason of Happiness in life :) (apart from Punto ;))
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Surya, fantastic buddy!! Congrats and wishing the new born a healthy and prosperous life :) So now you have a new companion for your Punto rides :clap