1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    A week ahead for the FIAT meet to Pune - 837 kms this is second time i am doing this route previous was in Indica.. have to prepare my beast for the drive ..:)
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Fiat will likely launch the face-lifted Punto premium hatchback in India. The face lifted Punto will get a new bumper design, new front grille and fog lamp housing. At the rear too it will get a new bumper design with integrated reflectors and clear lens tail lamps.

It looks sportier than the present model which has a more elegant design. Interiors will get new fabrics with mild yet evident changes to the dashboard as well. The new Punto will likely get larger alloy wheels and new body colour options as well

Grande 1.jpg new-fiat-punto.jpg
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My punto crossed 10k odo after retruning from Pune Factory meet, overall journey was a good experience
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Congrats Surya :D !!
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Pune Meet Experience..!

I had a fair idea of the drive to pune as i had visited earlier to this city in my Indica, now coming to the preparations i didn't do much just the formal things and cash i bought it in advance from a near by ATM as i was preparing for the drive everybody my sister, my cousins, relations, my father in law, my wify too were against my driving, I was bombarded with so many questions like what is the purpose, is this sponsored by FIAT, why don't they give Flight tickets, what about accommodation, what all you will get if you go there and lot many things as i was just making up my mind for a solo drive (my wify is carrying so no chance that she will travel) my mom told she will come with me and make it to the event like last time i was in all smiles.

It was a hectic all day on 12th Wednesday as i had to cover up all the meetings, tasks and start from office, i started early filled full tank Diesel and Air pressure was checked reached home, my mom had packed everything and ready to go, i don't know why i was overconfident with the fact that it was a new car serviced a month ago so not much of checking is required, but as a fellow TFIian had suggested to check i went to near by Garage for checkup, for my shock there was no engine oil at all the dip stick was dry and only the tip was little black in color, the mechanic told its good that you got it checked otherwise it would be disaster on highway, as told got the oil changed and quick topups of other oils and fluids started off towards nice road (PES college) at 8 and touched nelamangala and cruised along the highway with a steady speed of 100-110 KM H as the tolls started i had written down all the tolls from Ravi's sirs post and a fair Google map printout to keep track of the route. We stopped at Kamat upachar few kilometers before Sira on the right side next to the petrol pump had dinner there.

We started off from there i was slightly getting harder on the pedal reaching 140 KM H but released at intervals as my mom was there and didn't want to stretch more as my car has no safety except the seat belts. Drove all the night with steady 100 - 110 KM H. i got irritated by lorries on the way which were running in a zigzag manner i had to drop my speed again and again and many times two of them running completely occupying the road and no way to pass through, After few hours of driving i started getting headache and decided to rest for a while and start, it was 1.45 AM in the morning i decided to stop over near a toll booth near davangere where it was safe enough to park the vehicle and have a nap, fixed the alarm on my mobile to 3:00 AM snoozed twice and woke up at 3:30 and started again, now as my mom was sleeping i drove for few hours of the route till 5:30 and stopped again at a toll booth and took rest. Finally to catch up i started at 6:30 and started speeding as the sun was rising the road was getting clearer and i moved as fast as to reach kolahpur on the way after sankehswar it was early in the morning wanted to take break at Sai food court. I couldn't notice that it was on the right side and by the time i slowed down i had passed the lane so i continued on the lane for another few
    kilometers and took a U turn at the circle and raced back to sai food court and stopped for break, saw Ravi sir's convey which was resting there i couldn't meet all but greeted Ravi sir. He advised me to continue after reaching pune on the highway for reaching the Ginger hotel, after refreshing up and had breakfast we started again and pushed the peddle to 130-140 KM H and raced all the way to reach pune crossing satara on the way it was mist and fog with nothing visible on the road at few stretches quickly switched on the hazard lights and followed a truck and a car for sometime until the foggy road was gone. Reached pune at 11:30 rested for the day.

Next day morning joined Ravi Sir convey to factory and followed them all the way till Ahmadabad road where i missed them after touching the highway to the left could see all the FIAT's rushing on this road called up Ravi sir and moved ahead to the factory campus. Had good time all day in the factory enjoyed so much to see the members, mods, Factory staff were so kind enough my mom was happy, the quality of food was also a 10/10 score from my mom, good arrangement from the staff and very well managed by FIAT specially on a working day.. We reached hotel in the evening and took rest

Morning we started at 10:00 from Ginger as my tank and pocket was running empty quickly checked with the Hotel staff filled in my pocket from the near by ATM, moved ahead and after few kilometers got a Petrol bunk which also accepted cards filled full tank and headed back on my way, i kept steady speed with scooterists running on the left never dared to overtake any car or truck and continued on the way as the day was moving it was getting hotter and speed was decreasing with cars and jeeps coming on the way, moved ahead for few more hours and stopped at Sai food court again for the lunch break had rice -Dal and cold lassi for keeping cool on the hot day and started off with the long long drive back.

My friends in office always joked at me and told that its a fair straight stretch so keep a stone on the pedal and relax like bus drivers i use to laugh at them.. :evilsmile after long drive crossing belgaum, hubli, darwad,kittur, rannebennur, chitradurga with loo breaks. My mom kept asking still how many tolls to go.. how many to go.. as we passed though the tolls. stopped again at kamat upachar Sira point had dinner at 10:00 PM and continued on the stretch to tumkur and then finally Bangalore at 11:30 PM.

As i kept steady speed all the way with very less peddling on the way i could get 20.1 km/ltr all the way...
    6 people like this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice update Surya :) hats off to your mom for accompanying you in this drive as well just like she did for the south india meet at ooty!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I started to office as usual with not much traffic on the Bangalore roads on the eve of Christmas and New year, an old guy in his 50s in his kinetic honda was behind me for few signals and at one point came near me and told i too got a Punto red color and he liked my colour and said its great to have a car like this and passed ahead with smiles.. :)
    3 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice start to the day :)!! you didn't ask him why he wasn't driving his punto ;)
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice write up and glad you enjoyed the trip.

I have noticed people doing this a lot of times. Is this safe? I mean driving with hazard lights on? I was once driving to Hyderabad from Bangalore and encountered very thick fog, just outside Bangalore. I wanted to pull over and stop, but was scared the someone will crash into my car, as everyone was driving with hazard lights on, and a stopped car with hazard lights on will surely be perceived as moving. Finally managed to find a by-lane, turned into that switched on hazards and waited.

Rajan
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Even worst case is people using HWL to communicate that "I am not taking neither left nor right turn":confused: