1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Its Diwali time most of them have gone to their home towns.. on my way to office in 20 min with empty roads.. at 140 on the express way less than 5 min to cover 10km stretch. i observed strange thing there is some noise from the tyres even at high speeds it increases some sort of elastic hitting the ground or phat phat sound no idea what it could be.. i didnt see any piece of stone struck in the tyres though..
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    one more scratch on my left bumper gifted by a noble motorist.. at Nayandalli circle junction Mysore road didn't slow down to my left turn signal took a wrong cross right turn in front of me though i avoided to hit him.. :chair: his pedal brushed my bumper .. :A:A

People are so educated that they never mind to follow lanes and wrong lane changing.. :-( pretend its not there fault at all.. cause its India Saab chalta hai :rage
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2012
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    If they fall down we are in the blame that you didn't stop the car,
    Don no when there people will learn Road Manners.........
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Now my punto is asking my attention after all the the marks, scratches on the glass, bumper marks, ORVM marks for the treatment don't know how to go about it.. will post the pics..
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Bumper damage
    2012-11-23 08.42.32.jpg

scratches on the glass
    2012-11-23 08.43.32.jpg

Front Bumper
    2012-11-23 08.40.19.jpg

Rear Door handle
    2012-11-23 08.39.13.jpg

Mirror with scratches
    2012-11-23 08.39.28.jpg

Mirror - Again - (white patch below)
    2012-11-23 08.39.33.jpg

Suggestions please :anyone
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    The last picture of the mirror, seems like the paint has come off. In the earlier picture, scratch seems to be superficial in which case a detailing job would take care of it.

On the rear door handle, they seem to be hard water spots? Or perhaps muck dried out. Again, detailing should do the job here.

Bumper damage on the first pic though, I am afraid only a full tinkering & painting of bumper is needed. Or you can try a local job where they add some putty/filler and do 'touch-up' painting. But the finish would be poor.

I am pretty sure you can't do much about the scratches on the glasses.

If you ask me, there is no point trying to rectify such small cosmetic imperfections. Don't call them scratches, they are are proud battle scars of a brave city warrior :-D

How old is the car BTW? My suggestion would be to wait till the 4th or 5th year of ownership, just before it stops making sense for renewing comprhensive insurance and get everything sorted out at one go.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The 3M polishing with detaining with do wonders to the Linea and will get the Car as NEW.
    The Bumper and the Door Handle have to be repaired and think the Good Local Denter with good skill can carry out the work.
  8. Except rear bumper and rear door handle, the others can be done by polishing as far I guess.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The Car is 6 months old.. will try if i can get it done in a garage

- - - Merged Post - - -

2012-11-24 08.39.17.jpg

2012-11-24 15.24.08.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

2012-11-24 16.11.24.jpg
    2012-11-24 16.11.14.jpg
  10. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Clips from one day travel to Mysore - City -> Nanjangud - > Chamudeshwari temple

Mysore is the second-largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. Located at the base of the Chamundi Hills about 146 km (91 mi) southwest of the state capital Bangalore, it is spread across an area of 128.42 km2 (50 sq mi). According to the provisional results of the 2011 national census of India, the population of Mysore is 887,446 and Hinduism is its major religion. Mysore City Corporation is responsible for the civic administration of the city, which is also the headquarters of the Mysore district and the Mysore division.

Until 1947, Mysore served as the capital of the Kingdom of Mysore. The kingdom was ruled by the Wodeyar dynasty, except for a brief period in the late 18th century when Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan usurped power. Patrons of art and culture, the Wodeyars contributed significantly to the cultural growth of the city. The cultural ambience and achievements of Mysore earned it the sobriquet Cultural capital of Karnataka.

Mysore is noted for its palaces, including the Mysore Palace, and for the festivities that take place during the Dasara festival when the city receives a large number of tourists. It lends its name to the Mysore style of painting, the sweet dish Mysore Pak, the Mysore Peta (a traditional silk turban) and the garment known as the Mysore silk saree. Tourism is the major industry, while information technology has emerged as a major employer alongside the traditional industries.Mysore Airport also known as Mandakalli Airport is an airport serving the city of Mysore, Mysore depends on rail and bus transport for inter-city connections. The city was the location of the first private radio station in India. Mysore houses Mysore University, which has produced several notable authors, particularly in the field of Kannada literature. Cricket is the most popular sport in the city.

Nanjangud (Kannada ನಂಜನಗೂಡು) is a town in Mysore district in the Indian state of Karnataka. It is a temple town and is on the banks of the river Kapila (Kabini), and lies at a distance of 23 km from the city of Mysore. Nanjangud is famous for Srikanteshwara Temple. Nanjangud is also called as "Dakshina Kashi" (southern Kashi). This city is also famous for a variety of Banana grown in the region, called as Nanjanagoodu rasabale.

The Chamundeshwari Temple (ಶ್ರೀ ಚಾಮುಂಡೇಶ್ವರಿ ದೇವಸ್ಥಾನ) is located on the top of Chamundi Hills about 13 km from the palace city of Mysore in the state of Karnataka in India. The temple was named after Chamundeshwari or Durga, the fierce form of Shakti, a tutelary deity held in reverence for centuries by Mysore Maharajas. The original shrine is thought to have been built in the 12th century by Hoysala rulers while its tower was probably built by the Vijayanagar rulers of the 17th century. In 1659, a flight of one thousand steps was built leading up to the 3000 foot summit of the hill. At the temple are several images of Nandi (the bull mount of Shiva). There is a huge granite Nandi on the 800th step on the hill in front of a small Shiva temple a short distance away. This Nandi is over 15 feet high, and 24 feet long and around its neck are exquisite bells. The temple has a seven storey tall Gopura decorated with intricate carvings. The deity of the goddess is said to be made of gold and the temple doors of silver.