1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My GDP MJD First ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Surya, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Purchased As : New (Jun 2012)
    Familiarity : Have driven for a few thousand kilometers
    Fuel Economy : Yet to arrive at (20.1 claimed )
    Good : Superb Design, Solid Build quality, Good Mileage
    Bad : Worst Sales and Service network

Positive points :
    Exterior: Stunning design
    Solid build quality, Mature & superb ride quality

Interior: Spacious design, Engine Performance, Fuel Economy
    Fuel efficient diesel, Outstanding high speed dynamics.
    Perfectly calibrated power steering.

Since last year i was planning for a diesel hatchback as the petrol prices were roaring every now and then in india. Realised that its time to go for a diesel . so the hunt started for a diesel
    car.

Now coming at the requirements :

1. My daily usage is 50kms and some short distance weekend runs (150 + kms).
    2. Good looks is a must (no frog, crock animal planet inspired designs)
    3. A Decent space on the back seat for my family
    4. proper luggage room enough for 4 bags
    5. Enough power to take on highways
    6. budget of 6-7 lakhs

I Was in total confusion when i started, there were so many choices with brands offering diesel variants, when i did the visits i hadn't had a chance to see any models which caught my attention.

Of course there was swift which even i liked too only once.. but it was a common choice where people are mad at but i always wanted to keep away from the herd. so now i was in the cross roads thinking about a car not wanting to own a ugly one or that every one else had.

Then one Sunday my cousin wanted to have a look at the new nano model released and we went to the showroom near our house, As soon as i entered the showroom i saw a red beauty standing upfront welcoming visiters.. I saw that wow it was a FIAT and looks like a ferrari in red. I was impressed in the first look but i thought it was probably out of my budget. i was greeted by the sA and had a look at the vehicle he insisted me for a TD for i was reluctant then didn't take the TD.

i went to the Fiat site to check if that was the new Punto 2012 indeed it was, then looked at the price, to my surprise it was well within the reach for a middle variant. That moment i decided to check on the car once again and went to the showroom next Sunday. sA gave me TD of the mid variant and explained all the features it had. when i drew it for the first time i was on cloud 9 the clutch was so smooth and deep (almost full swing) and soft i couldnt imagine and pressed hard thought it would be like the old santro i drew. It was a butter in the busy traffic ,the ride was so good that impressed me a lot that day.

I also checked on few other brands in the market before coming to the Decision. The Vw polo was the first one to check on i found it not up to the mark with too higher pricing and waiting time also the staff were not so interested in sales so left it. Next had a visit to Chevy to have a look at the Beat the sA was very inviting and hesitant enough to give a TD he just explained the features. I could not take the TD though the car was too small to mount a diesel Engine (3 cyl tech borrowed from Fiat) also the interiors or smaller than a alto, it is quite a good deal in city but not on a highway, also the price was not convincing for that size. Next i checked the Ford Figo not much i could check in there as no body in the showroom were free enough to give a demo or explain its features but the car was good enough but was out of my budget. Even i had a visit to Hyundai and toyota to check on the i20 and liva but that was also far too higher priced with the car not upto the price level or meant only for the premium category.

So finally i had two more visits to the showroom took TD of punto with the family, everyone was happy and particularly my dad was happy with the space and performance. So decision was made to go for a punto. I had two choice here either to go for the Dynamic or the active varient the price difference was too wide enough (1.5 lakh) to choose for the dynamic ones with difference being ABS so opted for the Active.

Now my baby is 2 months old revving up on the road with all smiles.. :)
    5 people like this.
  2. congrats and you made a right choice...haapy miles ahead :)
  3. congrats for your new car...post some pics too..
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    2012-06-13 18.24.32.jpg 2012-06-13 18.24.39.jpg 2012-06-13 18.24.49.jpg 2012-06-13 18.24.58.jpg 2012-06-13 18.25.09.jpg
    7 people like this.
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congrats......
  6. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    @ Surya : Congratulation for your new car. I personally feel you should have opted for the ABS.
    It is a basic safety feature for the roads today.

Anyway enjoy your car to the fullest.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats mate! Sure you did the right choice. Even I own a June 2012 Punto. Surely the best in the segment.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Congrats Surya for your new Ride:car

Cheers...

Neel
  9. Congrats Surya Sir for your Punter.
  10. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    @Surya : Congratulation for your new car