1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fox Trot Azure FIAT Grande Punto…..or should I say I have been Punto’d

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nidhi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Right said the steering feel is like driving a sports car, You are getting a good FE, and no doubt the Fiats are trusted for bad roads and curves, It will just slice the butter with the hot knife. Yeah the 1st gear is short and shifting to 2nd soon will help you in getting good FE...
    Gud to know that your frend is also going for the Punto........
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I never had a complaint with the 1st gear being short. I up shift very quickly and only would need to use the first gear while moving from a stand still position at the traffic signals or a very steep hill, normal inclines and all can be done with 2nd gear very conveniently, which I feel is good for the FE. 3rd gear is an absolute bliss in city driving.

The steering column rubbing you feet has been a common problem for most of the Punto users, or shall I put it as rather more irritating than a problem. But you will adjust to that and will avoid doing the same after driving few more miles. I recall, this was potrayed as one of the big draw backs of Punto in one of the reviews I read before buying one.
  3. mayank

mayank Amatore

nidhi congrats for your car..hope you are having a nice time with her..;) regarding steering rod i would like to suggest you to try to push your seat back a little bit..may be that will solve your problem
  4. himanshukhare

himanshukhare Timido

New Delhi
    Hi Nidhi... I bought my Punto diesel active from Autolinks too in Jan 2012... Have u tried for searching for central locking. I have wasted two weekends for the same.
  5. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    Hey Himanshu Congrats!!! The dealer informed me that they dont have the central locking..havent tried in the market due to warranty issues.
  6. himanshukhare

himanshukhare Timido

New Delhi
    I finally got it from Oberoi Cars Noida last saturday. Its a genuine FIAT central locking costing 8.5K ...working f9 wih my punto active...
  7. Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The seller on ebay is in China and will obviously charge shipping.
    Fiat should allow people to buy merchandize online on their site or the Fiat Caffe site. It's pretty frustrating otherwise.
  9. The postage is FREE. There are many other options available. Its got Punto keyring also
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Do you own all those cars in your signature?