1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fox Trot Azure FIAT Grande Punto…..or should I say I have been Punto’d

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nidhi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    congrats on your purchase Nidhi. i must say you surely have good brains amongst other girls and you picked up a punto against a pink AStar or spark or something similar.

enjoy your ride. keep changing oil at 7500kms, drive light footed till 1000-1500 kms.

Drive safe :)

the keychain is amazing. mostly i will buy one too. too tempting.
    2 people like this.
  2. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  3. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    I have completed 1200 kms and tried to follow all the advice that I have got like not revving the engine and driving with a light foot (though it’s very difficult). So here are my likes and dislikes about my beloved car!!!
    Steering Feedback – As I have said before also, the steering feedback makes this car really special :wowand a treat to drive. It’s literally a part of you while driving
    Fuel Economy – I have got an average of 17.6 kms and considering its new car I am very happy with it.
    Ride Quality – I suddenly feel Gurgaon roads are smooth.
    Cabin Noise – No external noise once the doors are shut
    Dislikes
    I don’t know whether others have faced this, but the steering column touches my left feet (while changing gears) when I steer.
    The first gear is really short…one has to immediately shift to 2nd.
    Though I have no complaints about the interior quality but I wish the cup holders were a bit bigger.

To sum it up the more i drive my car the more I fall in love with it and I have been married to my Punto since the day it has come….after seeing my car, a friend f mine is also buying a Punto!!!::D
    Regarding oil change, I have decided I’ll be getting it done at the first service itself (3000 kms) and then every 10000 kms.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

i am finding it very very difficult to digest that you are a woman / these words are of a woman :) you are way better than those woman reporters in the autoshows on the TV nowdays
    1 person likes this.
  5. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    Well if all men were so good with their knowledge of cars then only FIAT's would sell::V
    4 people like this.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ma'am, welcome to TFI. I must say that I was ::OO to see a girl talk about fine details such as temporary odo (H etc.). Hoping to see you as a regular member here. Enjoy your stay.

How about that Pink Zen Estilo? :)

+100.

So true. We treat lots of trauma cases daily but even my colleagues don't look beyond Maruti/Hyundai/Honda for their regular drives. :confused:
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nidhi I am a 6 footer & I never faced this problem. By any chance the steering height adjustment could resolve this issue ?
  8. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    I meant the steering rod
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My comments in bold
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is a known issue and if one places his/her left foot too high on the clutch pedal the tip of the shoe tends to foul with the steering rod. This happens more in B to B traffic when one has just released the clutch half way and then again when you have to press it half of your foot is already above the pedal so when fully pressed again it comes in contact with the rod. Best way to avoid is by not placing your foot higher on the pedal.

Waheguru Waheguru.