1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fox Trot Azure FIAT Grande Punto…..or should I say I have been Punto’d

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nidhi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    ok ! i changed my oil at 15K .. and there is a frnd who changes hez oil @ 7.5k that too synthetic .. hez so crazy that he changes all kinds of oil .. cuz he got the money ..
    and still my engine has less NVH, cabin noise when idle .. My mileage is also great ..
    what would be the reason of this ?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :lol :lol
    poor guy

anyways I follow a 5k interval pattern, many might think its overdone, but it sure keeps the MJ:D
    especially when someone driving your ride for the first time can't believe the NVH, refinement and quietness in the engine and praises it :p
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I thought someone will suggest to immediately change tires but no one did that. This oil change is going overboard.
    Anyways,

1. I would suggest to upgrade to 15 Inch Rims only with 195/60 R15 tires. That doesn't need too much of budget. Those skinny tires spoil the gorgeous Punto if you don't mind. I think it would complete it's appearance. In this color with those right sized tires, it feels so gorgeous that it talks to your subconscious. Get that done asap.

2. Try not to brake hard until it's absolutely necessary & keep yourself updated in the rear-view. It's stopping power is too much for any vehicle. It really hurts imagining if new punto gets a scratch/dent.

3. Don't over-concentrate on rear view & ending up a dent in front:mrgreen:. Just be updated.

happy driving!
  4. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    Paaji :D :lol
    i still have that NVH, refinement and quietness in my mind.. that was mind blowing ..
    but the thing is as the KMs are rising my car is also reaching that level.. and seriously i don't know what the reason is ..
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I never had the squeaky noise from the front seats. However, I had a problem with the door open warning symbol immediately after buying the GP. It used to come on whenever I was taking a sharp turn or while going on a bumpy road. Thanks to the buzzer, else I wouldn't have recognised it. I got it fixed immediately at the SC. They have added a double sided tape to the door switch which gives you the warning symbol. Still I get the warning symbol ocassionally, but only on bumpy roads. Now I have deactivated the buzzer sound. So I hardly notice the warning. Its good if you have installed a central lock, else always lock the door from inside while driving.
  6. Congrats on the car.My usual advice to all Active Punto guys,get her 195/60/15 tyres and 15 inch alloys.Also get the pillars done in black.Punto and Linea are meant to have it.So get it done.
  7. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Congrates for the new car. Don't think too much about oil, niggles, rattles, service. The knowledge comes automatically when needed. Just enjoy the car :p
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I own the 1.2 Active (Petrol) and ever faced any issues with her (Jan 2010), Only issue i had was the LS door lock got jammed from inside could not operate, got it done by FOC from the dealer, some noise used to come when the streering is turned completely to the Left or right while turning, but not disappeared..
    getting 13.1 in city driving and 15.2 on Highway, (Ac on all times).
    It feels like driving a big caaaaaaaaaaar
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Congratz on the car - FTA is a very easy to maintain and elegant color. Do take care of the color. Do not go for teflon coating or anything similar, invest some time in maintaining the color from now itself. Hope to see more pics of your car soon in this thread.
  10. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    I am planning to go to SC this weekend and get these two issues resolved...yesterday went to the Fiat Caffe at CP and bought a new FIAT key ring for my car...its really nice but expensive...will post pics.

I am also planning to put new seat covers so want suggestions..my budget is 5000-6000..as far as tyres and alloys are concerned ill get them done later.