1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fox Trot Azure FIAT Grande Punto…..or should I say I have been Punto’d

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nidhi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Congrats on your purchase.
    Since you are in Delhi, I would suggest you get good quality the wind-shield tints from 3M, Llumar or VKool unless you hardly use your car in the sun. In my research, 3M CR70 was the most effective and yet not the most expensive. You may compromise on the side and rear tints, but I think the extra spend on the wind-shield is worth it. It will really help in the summer heat.

2. It's a good idea to get the oil changed at first service then may be at 13 K Kms once , there after you will know when the oil change is required as you understand the car better.

Please follow 1 minute idle time at start and stop religiously it will take care of the turbo and there by cars performance.
    -Sat
  3. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Sat-chit, well i second you. As per i know ours are diesel engines. In our engine block carbon diposition is high compaired to petrol engine.

When engine oil is circulated through whole block it contains carbon with it. In addition to that if you are driving in dusty conditions, its durabillity gets reduced.

Also if your driving is much more city oriented i.e. B2B traffic is involve, one should keep eye on his engine oil's quality.

Our MJDs are filled with Selenia which is semi- synthetic oil so their is no chance that it will keep its good till 15/20k kms in dusty, B2B city traffic.

Although our MJDs are pretty much refined in NVH level still you can easily point out car's smoothness with new oil.

Im not saying one should change fuel filter but engine oil & oil filter should be changed in span of 7/8k kms under above mentioned city conditions.

@nidhi, its not that complicated. If traffic conditions are B2B, then you should go for oil change. NO need to change oil at first service(well if you want then you can). I'll suggest change it at 7k. Its perfect span according to me. Any way it wont harm your car!

If you notice the dip-stick from engine block for oil you can understand it better.

Diesel engines produce much carbon than petrol, because of that engine oil looks black in color.

Engine oils for Diesel cars have high amount of detergents to clear off carbon from block.

After 6.5k kms keep eye on oil. If oil from dip-stick feels low in density, smells too much burned then its time to change oil!
    Its your call though, i think you will understand your car's need for sure.

Oh boy! Pretty long lecture aye? I think thats it for today! :p
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i totally agree with bhai. indian MJD is tuned upto 20k oil change. i think there is no need to change it at 7k. its only in the mind that the engine needs a fuel change.
  5. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    ::D Thats so sweet of her to help you out!!!

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Once again thank you all for the advice.... I drive from GK to Gurgaon to & fro 5 times a week...so its heavy traffic everyday so i guess ill get the first oil changed at 7500 kms then the subsequent ones at around 10,000 kms depending on viscosity of the oil .

Today while driving, the door open warning light appeared on the display....i checked for all the doors incuding the tail gate and they were all shut...but the warning light is not going...also the front seats are making a lot of sqeaking noise...any one who has faced the same problems..
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
  7. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Front seat sqeaking is common for Active owners :p. I also face the same issue and everytime my car visits the SC, this is on top of the list. The SC guys always fix it but it comes again after sometime.

Regarding the door open light, by default the wiring is only for the master gate (driver side gate) in Punto Active. Did you got the remote lock installed in your car. If yes, the cuprit is known.
  8. You will have to get those minor niggles fixed once in while ,my car had many issues, all sorted out but had to pay few more visits in the beginning than just those service intervals.
  9. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i too agree with changing oil at 15K ..
    No need to waste money... my driving is 60% city nd 40% highway .. changed my oil at arnd 15 K ..
    and have planned to continue with fiat's Policy of changing oil and servicing.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    MJD = Good health = Oil change at every 7k kms for B2B traffic. Otherwise 8-9k kms max.Do not stretch the oil limit beyond 10k.Otherwise sludge would start accumulating in ur crankcase making ur engine die a slow death i.e More NVH,less avg,slow response to acceleration etc