1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Fox Trot Azure FIAT Grande Punto…..or should I say I have been Punto’d

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nidhi, Jan 18, 2012.

1. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    I won’t say that my search for a new car began early December coz I always knew that if I was buying a car then it had to be the Punto:p. However to keep family and friends happy I went and test drove cars that were recommended by them so the cars I test drove were the Beat, Polo, Figo and the Fabia (stayed away from the Japanese(Swift & Ritz) and Koreans(I 20)…all diesels as my monthly travel is around 1500 kms. Out of the four I felt Fabia was the best of the lot and a highly under rated car. If given a choice between a Polo and Fabia (as they share the same engine) I would definitely go for the Fabia. So after having test driven all the cars I told my well wishers that it’s going to be Punto and nothing else.
    So coming back to why a Punto:-
    1. It’s a FIAT ( isn’t that a reason enough :clap:)
    2. Amazing build quality
    3. Great Steering Feedback
    4. Stability at high speeds
    5. It’s by far the best looking hatch
    Now came the question of selecting the dealer as every dealer in Delhi promises you to give the best deal? I first visited Rama Motors Okhla and instead of selling me the Punto he tried convincing me how the Vista is better and is more VFM:hit, I finally had to tell him I am not at all interested in a Vista and walked off and straight went to Autolink Hauz Khas and I found the sales manager Devender to be quiet a helpful guy. He offered me a test drive but as I had already driven my friends Punto, I asked him to give me the details the of how much I need to pay for an Active variant (my budget was 5.5 lacs) so after a lot of haggling and couple of visits I was offered the following deal.
    1. Free Insurance, RSA and Cash Discount of Rs 5,000 (Provided by FIAT)
    2. Basic Accessories, ICE with a bill and warranty(Sony Head Unit + 4 Speakers JBL 6’ on the doors + Antenna), painting of door handles and OVRM (left the grille as black looks sporty)and Garware Tints – All FOC by dealer</SPAN>
    3. Paid Rs 5,000 for 2 year extended warranty and Rs 5,000 for the premium colour.
    4. Got a corporate discount of Rs 3,500
    The total came to Rs 5.54 lacs. The dealer informed that he does not have a FT Azure in stock and has to order one from the factory and it will take around 10-12 days to reach his stock yard. I asked him to give the VIN so after a few minutes he came back and said its HMZ which I thought was fine. I gave him the booking amount of Rs 25,000 and told him to keep me posted. The car arrived on the 9[SUP]th</SPAN>[/SUP] of Jan and I asked the dealer for a PDI before I process my loan and pay him the balance amount. Did a thorough PDI (Thanks to Team Fiat and Team-Bhp checklist), the odometer was showing 38kms with the H sign:up. Paid dealer the money and took the payment receipt and Performa Invoice and went to SBI with all the required documents for loan. Got the loan sanctioned in two days (have an account in SBI so they did not make me run around) and was informed by the Mr. Kaul (Manager, SBI, GK II) that they will deliver the DD directly to the dealer.
    I wanted my car to be delivered to be on the 14th but being a Saturday I was advised not to…so now finally on 15thmorning at around 11 am I went to the showroom, did all the paper work and after signing whole lot of documents and feedback forms I was finally handed over the keys to my Punto…and ever since then I have been Punto’d :dance:.

I have been able to click only two pics so far so will post more pics later!!!!!!!

IMG-20120118-00046.jpg IMG-20120118-00048.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. AjinkyaBarve

AjinkyaBarve Novizio

Mumbai
    FT Azure is a good colour and it goes really well with the black grill, also how is the sound output from the jbl speakers
    congrats on the punto and wish you many happy motoring miles ahead
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations & Welcome Aboard to the Home of Fiats.

Nice way to start an Ownership Report.

Just curious - how your tryst with Fiat or Punto started? Was it an old passion toward Fiat or Punto made it.
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Wohaa! Im impressed! @Nidhi no offence but even though my sister grew-up with cars still don't know much many things. Atleast not this much in detail! Or i should say most of the the girls i came across just know how to drive THATS ALL!!
    Glad to see that every one is getting more knowladge about cars, about buying process, Do's & Don'ts.
    I must say you bought the best handeling car in its segment! Congrats on that.
    Keep good care of your MJD. For initial ''run-in'' period.
    Keep RPM below 2500/ speed 100kmph.

Don't suddenly floor the accelerator. Don't try to rip her.

Also don't drive car in constant speed range for long time. Keep your speed varying.

Follow this course till 3k kms. After that your engine will be in whole brand new moad with nicely opend up character.

Change engine oil & oil filter at every 7k kms.
    Never use premium diesel. Only normal diesel!

Have fun with your ride.
    Cheers!
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  5. nidhi

nidhi

New Delhi
    Well it started with the Palio....then the FIAT 500 (wish i could afford one right now)and then finally now the Punto

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

yes bossy...i am following everything that you have written:p
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Congrats, FT azure is very hip & young looking shade & punto seems carrying every shade with a distinction.
    Can't imagine other cars in this FT azure as they looks a big joke.
    I happened to see an a-star in this shade but couldn't close my eyes since i was driving:A.
    Good observation on Fabia. It's one under-rated & only vehicle who can stare punto eye to eye.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Tron
    All instruction are correct.

But why oil change at 7000 km?

Oil change interval in fiat engine is @15000k which is more than Maruti
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats NIDHI, on your new possession.The more you drive a PUNTO the more will you love it----it's so addictive to drive a PUNTO.Enjoy your drive.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Amol sir(bhai), yep oil change at 7k kms cause, those 15k are not suitable for Indian conditions! To keep engine healthy & happly reving with minimum NVH level, oil change at 7k is crucial for MJDs.

Interval of 7k for oil & oil filter change will give you smoothness. I personally have seen that, if oil change is done at 15k interval MJD starts feeling ruff, bit noisy like Vento(not exactly but still one can feel it).
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Indian MJD is tunned for Indian condition.
    NVH is due to bad fuel quality of Indian fuel. Fuel quality is VIP issue for MJD.

As per my experience when I get genuine quality of fuel, MJD revs with wafer crisp engine note. But when I get bad fuel it gives again high NVH

So don,t waste your money. Indian MJD is tunned upto 20 k oil change intervals.
    But for safe side fiat has kept oil change interval at 15000 km