1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first post on TFI

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vamsi, Mar 17, 2014.

1. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi everyone,

Myself Vamsi from Bangalore. Firstly, thanks to @theblack who told me about TFI.

About my experience behind the wheels, it's all started at the age of 13 with my dad's LML vespa and got myself behind the 4 wheels on Maruthi OMNI at the age of 15. I did good amount long drives on the Alto and so my ZMR too. I do like to do much on 2 wheels, but that doesn't turned out to be suitable option to conquer my passion of touring due to dust allergey, etc, etc health problems.

Alto is meant for daily commute is a no no for some real touring. Anyways, EOD, it is my parents car which they would need all the time to go around in the small town - Tirupathi. But I recently managed to do BLR-CHKMANGALUR-SHIMOGA-SIGANDUR- AGUMBE - KODECHADRI - BANGALORE on the same Alto. Yeah, its close to 900km in just a weekend. Too much for such a car and my back warned me. Even the safety department is no where close to what is required in long drives. After all, Alto is not meant for that.

I had enough lessons with my ZMR too to decide that it is not going to be the one which can accompany for some real long rides. Once, I drove to Coorg back and forth on the same day just to enjoy the drive.. Yeah, I did enjoyed being behind the wheels and I somehow felt 4 wheels would give more smiles on my face and so the confidence. Another big thing, my parents have lot of confidence in my car driving but they are not really happy with me when it comes to 2 wheels. I hardly share about my bike rides at home. Slowly I thought I shouldn't be doing that and the frequency of bike rides came down drastically.

Now I am looking for a 4 wheel machine which is solid, very comfortable, and has lot of confidence in itself on the road. That explains why I am here!!.
    Done lots and lots of research to decide the budget and so the segment. When I nailed down to the world of hatchbacks, ofcouse everyone out there starts with the options like i20 and swift. I am no different. I would probably share in detail on how I arrived at Fiat finally in my first ownership review ( excited to get behind the wheels, but nothing on the paper yet ).

I always know the strong points of fiat when compared to other cars in the segment. Just that I took more time to decide my criteria to choose. I finally decided to go for hatchback and that too the mighty 90 scorches from Fiat's table.. No need to mention, it's Punto 90hp Emotion - hip hop black ( I am thinking about a name.. but will mention it in my first ownership report ).

----
    Hero Honda Passion plus - 2007-2011 - 30,000 kms - Soldout
    Dad's Alto Xfun - 2005 - till date - 40,000 kms
    Karizma ZMR - May2012 - till date - 21,000 kms
    Punto 90 HP.... :)

Confidence determines the power of needle on the speedo..
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Vamsi :)

Looking forward to seeing the Mighty 90 with you.
  3. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Thank you.
  4. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

Hi Vamsi, welcome to TFI buddy. Hope to see your ownership thread soon. :up

Cheers
  5. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Thank you.

Got the deal for 7.8 ( Includes rear parking sensors, spoiler, door sils, arm rest & other standard fitments ) from Vecto. Rest of it will be decided on Saturday when I ll go for PDI.
  6. Kiran_Borra

Kiran_Borra Novizio

Hyderabad
    Hearty congratulations Vamsi.
    I too have booked my 90HP last weekend and eagerly waiting for to he delivery :)

Btw, which arm rest is the dealer giving in accessories... I mean what is the make?
    There are a lot of options on ebay but I'm not sure of the quality.

Wish u all the very best and miles if happiness with the Punto :)

Do share some pics of your love once you get her :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    Its not the original Linea classic one. He has showed it to me. It is not so good in quality but I felt that it serves the purpose. He said that it is 2.5k. But to me if felt like some 1k or so.
    I didnot noted down the company name. I will check it out when I go for PDI.
    I would like to know your deal.. just to understand how much I bargained.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
  8. Kiran_Borra

Kiran_Borra Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the update Vamsi
    I'm getting a bit better deal as I did not want to take any accessories from the dealer...
    Arm rests on ebay are starting from ₹900 and you can check the prices of door sills/reverse parking sensors, spoiler at 99rpm.com (FIAT OEM parts)
    Based on those prices I think you can try and bargain more with the dealer.
    Do make sure that the remaining accessories dealer is giving are FIAT OEM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. vamsi

vamsi Novizio

Bangalore
    thats great. Yeah I know. Another thing is I am going for nov2013 make not 2014 one. But it doesnt make difference for me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk