1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first foray into 4 wheels

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by varunrtr, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varun
    the vin number is on the foot rest area(dont know that it si called) on the passenger side under the carpet. there is a cut in the carpet C shaped where there is the numper etched..

also ther enear the stepny in the boot
  2. Warm welcome to TFI Varun. Enjoy your stay here.
    Please post pictures of your ride.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Varun, check the spare tyre well in the boot by lifting that carpet roof of the well. You will be able to locate a small plate on which the VIN number is etched.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ok.. thanks :)
    again a query, i ve read here that its very difficult to fix central locking in active variant due to the absence of actuators. etc . the price quoted for fiat's unit as accessory is 8.5k + 1k installation but i find it as too high. Should i go with fiat's or with others like autocop or xenos?
    Last edited: May 28, 2011
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

congratulation Varoon for new Punto MJD.

6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its better to go for the Fiat's CL as i have heard from my friends who has done the CL on the Active from Outside is having problems, and it will void the warranty frm FIAT, as they are looking out for such things to void the warranty. Better to stick with the FIAT CL as it will cost merely bucks more but would be happy that you have a genuine from the Fiat Stable.....
    I too own a Active but not yet gone for CL, done with following thing *Leather Seats *Leather Steering wheel cover *Carpet Matting * Garware Tinted Glass *
    To add by next month *Door Sill protection Plate * Chrome Exhaust Tip.
    Take care
  7. Hi Varun,

Congratulations on buying your four wheels, and that too one of the best ones out there.
    The Punto MJD will give you an amazing experience. Count on that...

- Fiatfan.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks bro :)

thanks tony, will be doing all that you ve done too in steps :D. according to necessity. first, central locking to be done this week sometime. have ordered sill plate, hope i ll get it this month. and a good ICE next week probably !

thanks fiat fan.

Guys, formally took delivery of my FTA punto mjd today morning (auspicious time). but they didnt complete the registration formalities due to RTo server crash or something , so left it there for doing that and will be taking it from there in the evening.
    the VIN number ended with DMZ which is april 2011 manufactured.And, in the rear glass, it was also written 27/4/2011, i believe was written when it rolled out of the production from the plant.Happy on that part.
    Will start an ownership thread soon :) .

a pic for now :)

9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Please open a new thread and continue discussion in ownership section.

Closing this thread now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.