1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Fiat - Grande Punto 1.3 Active 2013

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Imteeyaz, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi all proud owners and enthusiast of Fiat Cars!!

I am Imteeyaz from Mumbai, soon to be an owner of a Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Pearl White!! I am one of the first person to buy a car from Torrid Fiat Andheri (E) showroom. Thumbs Up to them!! I am not a car enthusiast but a 'car freak' as my wife termed me in her speech while collecting the keys to our car.

The official opening of this showroom and delivery of the car happened on 13/11/2013, although I haven't got the car home as it awaits the permanent registration number. The big day for me is tomorrow!!
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Imteeyaz,

Welcome to TFI, and VOLT too is a member here who has bought from Torrid Fiat. Do check his post if you haven't already.
    Best of Wishes and Luck for booking this beauty! Keep posting the progress.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Congrats Imteeyaz..Welcome to join Fiat Freaks:D..Please start your ownership thread as well once time permits..
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Hi Imteeyaz,

Congratulations on booking the Punto. Technically you may be the first to buy a Punto from Torrid but there are others who have already bought it from Torrid.

Confused by the above statement. Have you got the car home or not? Why do you have to wait for the permanent reg to bring the car home?
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats andd welcome to TFI with FIAT,
    You wil have a great time and a Head turner every time, i assure you....
    Y wait for the Permanent Regfistration to get the beauty home, I took the delivery on 23rd Dec and Registered it on 05 Jan, Only thong the dealer said was dont take the car out of New Mumbai..
  6. Punto834

Punto834 Timido

GOA,VASCO DA GAMA
    Hello ,congrats n a warm welcome to the family of fiat! Happy mile munching with d best handling hatch!! Do post some pics
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Congrats!!! and welcome to the Fiat famlily.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats dear.

What's the OTR?
    Discounts?
    Freebies?

And yes pics please when the car arrives.

Avi.
  9. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. Ok, I guess I have missed Volt's post. In my first post I meant to say that I was one of them who bought a car from Torrid Fiat Andheri East. As the official opening of the showroom and delivery of my Punto happened on same day in presence of some of Fiat India's top guys. However i couldn't attend it as it was a Monday and the event was at around 12:30 pm. I drove my first 100 kms over the weekend and today is the first day I have driven it to my work place from Goregaon to Lower Parel. I wish to update the post on a daily basis so I can get feedback from all the fellow Fiatians. Punto!! I am loving it!!! Have a great Day!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot Bharath for the warm welcome! Appreciate it! Sure, I will start my ownership thread as soon as my new job permits :)
  10. Imteeyaz

Imteeyaz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot for the warm welcome!! About your confusion - the delivery of my car happened on last Monday and I am just 15 days old in my new organization so I could not go. My wife and my mother in law attended the event and either of them don't drive. Also, the sales manager at Torrid had said the permanent number would be coming the following day and he will get it embossed on the metal number plate and get it fitted. But there was some delay at the RTO and it dint happen on the next day. In the mean time my car freak mind suggested that I get couple of extra fitments done from Torrid itself. So fog lights and auto lock appeared on the list. But as I had already exceeded my budget approved by home minister for a new car so I had to do it secretly. None of these items were in stock with the dealer so had to wait. Finally on Friday afternoon my pearl white Punto Active was ready with number plate and auto lock on the car. But as suggested by wise men I had to take the delivery in day light and I had to pay for auto lock so Saturday 23rd Nov 2013 was the day. 'There is no provision for fog lights on Active version' as said by workshop manager. Got the metal door sills fitted as complimentary on day of delivery ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot!! Pics on the way :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Avi

OTR INR 6,11,658 (Active)
    Discount: INR 89,342 (Thanks to my wife for hard bargain)
    Freebies: Mud flaps, floor mats, metal door sills. I dint opt for absolute pack, converted to cash discount.
    Pics 'Coming Soon'!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2013