1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Fiat Beauty - Grande Punto Sports Exotica Red - Comes Home

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by chandu525, Aug 26, 2012.

1. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Why the price hike is for you as you have booked the car before price hike?
    There might have some chances for the hike in registration fees as your car has not been yet registered.
    Just ask him that the hike is for what?
  2. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    He said there has been increase in Tax from Karnataka Govt and ultimately I have to bear that
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do confirm with any other dealers in Bangalore.
    Call Concorde or KHT or Prerana and see if there is really any increase in tax in Karnataka.

Also, ask Aadya when this rule has come. There is no news I read in newspapers of any hikes recently. Ask for proof.
  4. 8.75 lakhs OTR for punto sport is crazy .. better go for Emotion variant and remap .

Ajit
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One of my friend too had faced this issue. As far as I know VAT increase in Karnataka is @ 0.5% so it should translate to an increase max to max @ 4,000 Rs! Just check with other dealers....
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  6. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    If the state government has indeed increased the tax, then you cannot do anything about it. But check whether this has really happened. You can always ask for more discount.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Congratulations chandu525!! While it defeats the other cars easily in most of the areas,Its also the most safest premium hatch.
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Ya I checked with Other dealers like KHT motors, Prerana Motors, Every one told there was a price hike of 5% ~3k for Punto from August 1st , But I got the performa invoice on Aug 13th and the price was still 8.61 lacs, I did the booking on August 24th Even the booking day the price was still 8.61 lacs, Today they suddenly called me and said there is a price hike of 13K due to state govt has increased the tax, This is what I did not like, Now I called them again they said they had received this price list from TATA motors and they will do something about it, Really Frustrating attitude , I have seen 4 price hike in Bangalore from last months Here it is

May 2012 - Punto 90HP Variant - 8.3 lacs on road
    June 2012 -Punto 90HP Sport Variant - 8.5 lacs on road
    July 2012 -Punto 90HP Sport Variant - 8.5 lacs on road
    August 2012 - Punto 90HP Sport - 8.61 lacs on road (What I booked)
    August 2012 - Punto 90HP Sport - 8.78 lacs onroad (The current price)

I have seen 48K price hike in just matter of three months, I wish I should have bought the 90HP variant in may only, couldn't afford it then, Keeping my fingers crossed
  9. Congrats Chandu on your Punto.I m shocked to see the Rs.48K increase in just 3 months.
  10. maybe karnataka govt wants to make all probable car buyers turn to cycle buyers,if they carry on with the trend of increasing something or the other every now or then(road tax,vat etc),its really very hard to afford a 4 wheeler in b'lore.atleast they are promoting ecofriendly behaviour(they might think it that way)