1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My First Fiat Beauty - Grande Punto Sports Exotica Red - Comes Home

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by chandu525, Aug 26, 2012.

1. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys,

I am happy to share the news that I have booked Grande Punto Sports in Exotica Red!:),

I would sincerely thank TFians in car selection of car among my shortlisted cars, I have booked Sports from AAdya Motors Bangalore, Here is the booking story,

I had been driving Chevy Spark for about 4 years,I loved its peppy nature very easy to pierce through traffic, Shifting gears was fun, My sister always told me that I am driving a toy car, It was like that, Now that I wanted to go for a diesel car (Please read my car buying guide section) I have taken test drives of Following cars in the Order

1. i20 Diesel
    I liked the car , I took the TD from Hyundai Showroom, Millers Road Bangalore, because my friend who is driving a Punto Active Diesel suggested t buy I20 , Honestly its a good car with premium fit and finish
    For a Sports Model, I would Alloy Wheels, driver Airbag, All that new Funky Stuff which I20 boasts off (Reverse Parking camera, Auto Sensing Wipers,Headlights) I drove for about 5 KMS, My observations

The car picked up nicely, I didn't face any turbo lag , the car is smooth, my wifey sitting behind told me leg room is good, AC felt good, But When I moved the steering I felt it it was even lighter than my spark, Absolutely no feedback from steering, But Gear shift was silk smooth , I drove it till 60KMPH in third gear , Breaking was perfect, couldn't go further due to traffic, stock music system was good, Interior felt lot more airy and I could feel more space than my spark, I thought this will be my next car, cost - ~8.5lacs for Sportz model:)

I didn't feel any negative points except for the steering, Instantly liked it, This car moved to first place in my shortlist

2. Ford Figo- Drove my friends Figo , Handling was good, zero turbo lag, But I felt much noise inside cabin I had to increase the music system volume as I drove faster engine noise was increasing in the cabin, I didn't like its looks also my friend told not to buy because of low GC , I dropped it because of these reasons and its looks (no offense to Figo owners , its just my opinion)

3. Maruti Suzuki Swift - I got enough comments from office colleagues, friends relatives that Swift is the Car to buy,
    i was so attracted to this car when I started my career, time around when I bought spark, I even took a play win contest which had swift has its first prize, You don't believe that I have spend around 25K telephone bill making around 1,18,900 points but unfortunately the first prize guy made around 2000 points who won the swift ,Disheartened by this incident , I just went for spark as I had no budget to buy Swift, Since then I lost that craze to buy swift because I could spot swift one in every 5 cars I see on road, I has become so common now a days, This car went to second place :confused:

4. Maruti Suzuki Ertiga - Initially I never though I can buy Erita in my Budget range (8 -9 lakhs),This is a big car, initially, I thought why not buy this car since it is a new launch , Luckily the TD car was available I hit the road in Ertiga ZDI, I took a long drive for about 15kms from Showroom, City Driving was good, Pick was not that great turbo lag was very much evident, I had to downshift to overtake , My brother liked the car and advising me to buy it, But after I cam back to showroom the showroom guy insisted me to buy the VDI variant but I tried to convince him hard that I wanted a ZDI variant as the price difference is just over 50K , He told me I have to wait 8 months to get ZDI (I asked 8 Months! are you kidding he said no sir you have to wait 8 months) I dropped the idea instantly as I felt no worth to wait for this car for 8 more months - This car was in Third place of my shortlisted cars (9.5 On Road Price VDI Model)

4. Fiat Grande Punto Emotion- I went to AAdya motors on a Sunday afternoon, The Fiat staff was good in receiving me , It was lunch time I told that guy to have his lunch and then take the TD, But he told me I will buy my lunch on the way, hence we started, Initially I felt what nonsense car is this, I didn't like the long clutch initially, I could go all the way up to 40KMPH in first gear, upto 60 KMPH in 2nd gear, i had no idea to drive the diesel car before, So it took a while for me to figure out that, Initially I felt the Engine noise was was more, I didn't realize at that moment because I was just reviving the engine more than I was supposed to to, I was just trying to drive like my spark, But I liked the AC since it was hot sunny day around 2PM but the Fiat Staff sitting next to me was explaining me about the features of car( Speed sensing volume adjustment, ABS, Airbags), I came back with mixed feelings, Obviously this was last to my liking, But I inquired price of this vehicle it was around 8.32 lakhs on road for punto 90HP,

Since then I didn't TD any cars, Next one month I started to read the different forums (Team BHP, Team Fiat, mouthshut, carwale, ) to get a clear picture of which is the best car amongst above, I could read the many success stories of Punto from different owners across the country, Naturally I started to like this car based on different owners , after one month of reading

Again Desire to buy Punto Started to spring again in my heart, I wanted to take TD of this car again, I called up AAdya motors again, The Sales rep was a new guy he told me he will get the car to my home to TD, On Saturday morning 11 AM the car was at my home I convinced my wife to take the TD, She reluctantly agreed she was sitting next to me, This time I felt more comfortable in Punto,Gearshift was lot more better than first car, I drove about 8 kms , I liked it more than my first TD, Again Since Marutis were already out from my list Punto came to second place, after i20, Price was hiked to 8.52 lacs on road by then

Meanwhile I also had a look at Ford Fiesta classic, I thought this can also be a good buy as my other friend who owned figo was influencing me to buy Fiesta

Now the time for final call, I had three cars i20, Punto, Fiesta Classic, For some reason I dropped i20 strongly because of its steering feedback and good points on punto over i20 influence by Team Bhp members Now Fiesta Classic and Punto Tied, I created a car buying thread in this forum, My Head was saying fiesta heart was screaming for Punto, most of them advices punto, Hence I chose to book Punto 90Hp, But to my dismay Punto 90HP is no more available only Punto Sports is available with an On Road price of 9lakhs (50 K more than 90HP):devil

This was a serious set back for me, I initially said no Fiat Sales Rep, I went to showroom spoke to manager there that fiat is increasing prices every month, They said it They can't do anything about it and its the same with most of other diesel cars, I was disappointed , really :eek: , But the Showroom guy was persistent with me after many phone calls negotiations and the fact that I had been in touch with them from past two months he gave a good offer of 8.6 Lakhs on road with extended warranty after a Long thought I agreed for the same

Now I am satisfied with the discount they offered for Punto Exotica Red, Meanwhile my car loan also got approved, I have booked Punto Sports day before yesterday, Dealer has promised me a delivery on 16th September and the following goodies

1. Mudflaps
    2. Floor mats
    3. Reverse parking Sensors
    4. Perfume and idol

eagerly waiting for the car!, Hope everything will go well and I will get my car on 16th September

Excuse me for this long story I posted , But I thought it is worth to write my story which may help prospective car buyers
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Chandu nice write up and congratulations for new Punto sport. You didnt mention why you rejected Ford Classic.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Let me first Congratulate you on the Punto Sports.

When Maruti launched Swift in May'2005, I was away from the country (was in UK) and was planning to buy a car after coming back home. This Swift amazed me and even thought of booking the car from UK itself. I restrained myself and I came back in August. I test drove the Swift 1.3 petrol (it had the esteem's engine when it was first launched) and then a used Palio 1.2 ELX. I ended up buying a Palio which impressed me in all aspects. That day, I learned a lesson. Feel the car and then make the decision instead of blindly following others advice or following a review or falling for marketing gimmicks.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I completely agree with ramjn.

You should feel the car in city as well as on highway too.
  5. Congrats on booking punto,when u getting delivery???
  6. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    The reason is because of its power 68BHP :eek: , I never knew this, Punto is far ahead in terms of power

Guys,

How do I edit my post now ? I need to fix couple of Typo errors

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I am getting it on September 16th
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice write up. .
    Congrats
    On a side note. .why is fiat forcing people to buy the stupid sport?
    Its absurd decisions like this that had lead to there demise and still no one has learnt
  8. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Yes theblack, You are right, I asked the sales rep he said after Fiat stopped 90HP model and mandated people to buy Sports model many customers cancelled their booking and They are selling hardly one Punto Sports per month! from AAdya motors, I am sure FIAT would have captured more market by not creating this Sports model instead retaining 90HP variant with all colours and competetive pricing they had till the Month of May this year, The trouble started since then, Don't know what fiat management is thinking, Just adding some crap stuff to a wonderful car and calling it as sports would not attract any customer, Even after booking the Sports model I still love the old 90HP variant
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Congrass Bro.....!!:redcar
  10. chandu525

chandu525 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys,

I need your help as to what can be done now, After booking the vehicle next week I am in due for delivery, Fiat Sales Rep from AAdya motors called me and said there is again a price hike of Rs 13,000 on PUnto Sports 90HP, I don't know what to do I am shell shocked , I have seen 4 price hikes from past 4 months, Last Friday I booked Punto Sports paying 10K with a committed price of Rs8,62,000 but now again they are saying there is a price hike due to Karnataka govt Taxation, I have told him I won't pay a rupee extra on the what ever was committed during booking amount he told he will call me back in a while, Can any of you tell me what I can do to avoid paying extra price