1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My first FIAT... A Linea!

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by snck, Dec 27, 2012.

1. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Rajan, It was not network assisted GPS. So I guess the speedo calibration is incorrect in my set up.

@anoop, in fact I have another interesting observation. Always when I re-filled from bangalore pumps, the actual FE calculated has been lower than the MID value. However, when I re-filled from the Kerala, it has shown above MID value (3-4 re-fills in last trip). Does it by any means show that we are getting more accurate quantity from Kerala pumps and not so in Bangalore?

Another possibility could be that for long drives the MID calculation formula is towards lesser optimistic side and for city driving, it shows much more optimistic values. Or there isn't much to any of it and its just happened so in some of those runs/refills.
  2. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Few days back, near the Total Mahadevapura signal an A-Star banged into my Linea. I was behind the A-Star and when the signal turned Green, he tried to take a U-Turn. As there was not enough space for U-Turn, he backed up, but unfortunately chose to do it without checking his RVMs. I saw him coming but was helpless as there was no space to go. The damage wasn't huge, but needed to be repaired:

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0519.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg

Also had some scratches on the rear quarter pannel due to my negligient driving in a narrow lane:

IMAG0521.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg

I checked with KHT, Carz, Mahindra First Choice and Sai Colorium. Mahindra First choice and Carz are less than 2 kms from my house and Carz also offered the lowest quote, but I chose to do it from Sai Colorium based on Forum reviews and the result is below:

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

The job was well done I believe :). Comments most welcome.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    its done nicely :)
    please share the quotes you got from all and how much you paid for it!
  4. super work. How much you paid for this repair ?
  5. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The quotes were as follows:

Carz: 14k, Sai Colorium: 15.5k, Mahindra First Choice: 16k, KHT: 18.6k.

I was able to bring the rate down to slightly less than 15k in Sai Colorium.

The color matching is very good and so is the finishing in the repainted areas However I have seen some stray paint droplets in the adjacent areas which I guess coule have been avoided (I noticed them only later). I went with Sai Colorium mainly based on comments here and reviews in the definitive forum (Heavily influenced by J Ravi Sir's comments:) )
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ there were some scratches on the door also! how were those removed? were doors painted fully?
  7. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, it was painted fully.
  8. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    An update after a really long time

Car crossed 31k kms last weekend (in about 2.5 years - slow as per standards set by many of the forum members :) )

Break pads were changed during 3rd free service (~23k kms), from vecto motors, Singasandra.

Replaced the wiper blades last week from Aadya motors.

Changed all 4 tyres today. Went with Yokohama Earth1 195/65-R15, set of 4 from Sai Iyengar tyres, Indira nagar. Total cost Rs. 19,600/-all inclusive and got the tyre inflator free. Retained the old 195/60-R15 GT3 as spare.

Otherwise, journey has been un-eventful apart from few scratches/blemishes on the body... Thoroughly enjoying the ride :)

Cheers
  9. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Odo crossed 39k last week.

Other updates:

- Aug 2015: Changed battery. Went with Amron Flo 55AH. Costed 4.75k with exchange of old battery (50AH)
    - Oct 2015: 4th (paid) Service done from KHT motors. Very good experience. Waited and collected the vehicle and it was done in 3.5 hours. Bill was ~8.6k (went for AC & break cleaning in addition to the regular prescribed items).
    - Nov 2015: Insurance renewed. Switched to FG from RS. Costed 15.6k with Zero dep and NCB protection for an IDV of 5.27lakhs.

I am getting "check glow plugs" warning for last few weeks. Read a few posts on this and learned that this is not an urgent issue to be addressed if vehicle is operating normally. Will get this fixed by visiting FASS in next few days.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Went to vecto motors today and replaced 2 glow plugs (covered under extended warranty)

Bill Amount: 0 :)
    prabhjot and rohitsharma like this.